Before you get yourself brand-new Dyson vacuum cleaner, you should read this Airbot vacuum review for 2022!
There are a number of top-selling Airbot models which happen to be cheaper but are comparable alternatives to Dyson’s cordless vacuum cleaners!
So, read on to find out which of these Airbot vacuum models in Malaysia suit your budget and home best, for clean floors with minimal effort!
Table Of Contents:
- Airbot Vacuum Cleaner Comparison
- Airbot Hypersonics Review
- Airbot Supersonics Review
- Airbot IRoom Review
- General Notes On The Airbot Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
- Optional Accessories Or Spare Parts
- Final Verdict
Airbot Vacuum Cleaner Comparison
Let’s start this Airbot vacuum cleaner review off with an overview table of the 3 popular models from Airbot.
Of these specifications, suction pressure (kPa) is the main specification to compare.
For your reference:
- 1kPa – just enough for dust
- 9kPa – picks up hair and dust
- ~15kPa – small debris gets picked up too
|Specifications||Hypersonics||Hypersonics Pro (NEW)||Supersonics 2.0||iFloor / CV100 / iRoom||iRoom 2.0 (NEW)|
|Vacuum Degree/Suction Pressure (kPa)||27||27||19||19||19|
|Motor Speed (RPM)||100,000||110,000||31,000||n/a||n/a|
|Electrical Motor Power (W)||420||450||150||150||120|
|Speed||5 Speeds (Auto Mode)
3 Speeds (Manual Mode)
|Auto, Eco, Boost||2 Speeds||2 Speeds||2 Speeds|
|Run Time||Low Speed: 45 minutes
Mid Speed: 30 minutes
High Speed: 15 minutes
|Up to 45 minutes||Low Speed: 45 minutes
High Speed: 25 minutes
|Low Speed: 45 minutes
High Speed: 25 minutes
|Low Speed: 35 minutes
High Speed: 15 minutes
|Charging Time (Hour)||4.5||4.5||4.5||4.5||4|
|Battery Indicator||4 Bars||Percentage||1 Bar||3 Bars||3 Bars|
|Battery Capacity (mAh)||2200||2200||2200||2200||2000|
|Bin Size (L)||0.8||0.8||0.6||0.6||0.6|
|Filtration System||5 Stage With HEPA
|6 multi-stage cyclone With HEPA||HEPA Filtration||HEPA Filtration||HEPA Filtration|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|Accessories||Hypersonics||Hypersonics Pro (NEW)||Supersonics 2.0||iFloor / CV100 / iRoom||iRoom 2.0 (NEW)|
|Dust Mite Brush||Included||Extra Purchase||Extra Purchase||Extra Purchase||Extra Purchase|
|Flex-Tube||Extra Purchase||Extra Purchase||Extra Purchase||Extra Purchase||Extra Purchase|
|Turbo Floor Brush||Included||Included (With LED)||Included||Included||Included|
Airbot Hypersonics Review
From the table above, you can already tell that this is Airbot’s original flagship model, due to its powerful motor and extensive filtration system.
But let’s have a more in-depth review of the Airbot Hypersonics 27 kPa:
To start, the Airbot Hypersonics comes with the coveted dust mite brush, which is what you need to clear dust mites from your mattress and sofa!
Although the battery capacity is the same as the other models at 2200mAh:
Do note that the more powerful motor means it uses more power too, only lasting around 30 minutes on auto mode.
When in auto mode, the in-built dust and carpet sensors allows the vacuum cleaner to determine if more power is needed (it will adjust accordingly)!
The Airbot Hypersonics’ also has the ability to pick up pet fur or hair from the carpet!
- Only slightly pricier than the other models
- Fluffy cleaner head attachment has been improved
- Straight flow design
- Battery sensor allows the vacuum to monitor and optimize power usage
- Sophisticated filtration system
- Largest bin capacity of the range
- Heavier than the other 2 models
- Quite loud at the highest speed (noisiest model)
Airbot Hypersonics Pro
The successor to the Airbot Hypersonics, the Airbot Hypersonics Pro offers a notable upgrade over the original option at a cheaper price point as well!
First off, the new additions to the Hypersonics Pro includes:
An LED Touch Control Panel that offers easier control inputs and more extensive information displays (e.g., battery level, vacuum mode, speed indicator, dust levels, etc).
As well as an Infrared Dust Sensor, which detects the dust particles entering the vacuum, and automatically adjusts the speed for more efficient cleaning (and battery usage).
What’s more, the Hyerpsonics Pro includes a more advanced 6-Stage Cyclone Filter with HEPA and a slightly more powerful motor (450W, 110,000RPM vs 420W, 100,00RPM a 7.1% and 10% increase respectively).
Other than that, the Hypersonics Pro still retains the same battery (at 2,200mAh), suction pressure (27kPa) bin size and weight as the old model, although it does not come with the Dust Mite Brush accessory.
All-in-all, it’s definitely a step above the original version, and if you are willing to fork out a little extra for a high-quality handheld vacuum, the Hypersonics Pro is what you should be getting.
- Touch-screen controls and display
- More robust 6-stage filtration system (compared to the original’s 5-stages)
- Automatic vacuum power adjustments based on dust levels
- Cyclone design for quieter running
- Good suction power
- Slightly cheaper when compared to the original Hypersonics
- Dust mite brush not included, unlike the original Hypersonics
- Still pricier than the other models on the list
- As heavy as the old model, weighing in at 2.4kg
- Wheels on the front tend to trap hair and fur over time
- Can’t stand on it’s own
- Boost mode can be quite loud
Check Price Now On:
Airbot Supersonics Review
The red Airbot Supersonics is still lighter and doesn’t use as much power (Or generate as much heat) as the Hypersonics!
While still providing sufficient power to suck dust and hair from your floor and carpet! Though with some notable struggle when it comes to carpets.
It does have a power mode and in this mode, the battery will only last around 10-15 minutes.
- Not as noisy as the Hypersonics
- Cheaper than the Hypersonics
- Adequate suction power
- Comparable quality to the Dyson V8
- No significant improvement from the iRoom model
- Floor brush can be hard to clean
- Top-heavy build makes it hard to handle for some
- Only runs for a max of 20 minutes at full power before needing to charge.
Airbot iRoom 2.0 Review
If your goal is to pick up hair from the floor:
You’ll be able to without switching to the power mode with the purple Airbot iRoom!
The new version of the iRoom, Airbot’s iRoom 2.0 is a notably lighter package, being nearly half the weight of the original iRoom (only 1.4kgVS the originals 1.6kg, a 13% decrease)!
Because of that, the iRoom retains its advantage as the lightest of the 3 Airbot models, the original version was already lighter than the Dyson Slim model (~2.1kg).
In addition to the pros of the former iRoom – easy operation, good maneuverability and suction power (it picks up more dust than you expect):
It also has an improved BLDC motor, shorter charging times, as well as an improved filtration system, consisting of a HEPA, sponge and metal filter.
While those are the positives, there are some compromises:
- The smaller battery (at only 2,000mAh compared to the original’s 2,200mAh)
- Shorter operating times:
|Power Mode||iRoom||iRoom 2.0|
|High||20 Minutes||15 Minutes|
|Low||40 Minutes||35 Minutes|
That being said its overall upgrades and exceptional lightness make it a great hand vacuum for hard-to-reach places.
However, the shorter operating times and smaller dust capacity make it more suitable for smaller homes. And you still won’t get the dust mite head or flexible tube together with the vacuum.
- Exceptionally lightweight at only 1.4kg, suitable for petite users
- Improved BLDC Motor
- Improved filtration system
- Cheapest Airbot model available
- Suction power good enough to suck up hair and dust
- Works on carpets too
- Very short operating times; requires frequent recharging
- Smaller battery compared to the original
- Dust mite head and flexible tube sold separately
Check Price Now On:
General Notes On The Airbot Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
- No LED lights on the floor brush (except for Supersonic and Hypersonic Pro models)
- Easy assembly and use
- Not as powerful or as high quality as the Dyson v11
- Doesn’t stay upright when you store it (unless you fix the charging base to your wall, or buy the universal stand)
- Non-extendable pole (i.e. too short for taller people)
- You don’t have to press the On button continuously to use these vacuums
- Bin doesn’t open with single-button mechanism
- Replacement HEPA filters are available (Recommend to change every 6 months for better cleaning performance)
Optional Accessories Or Spare Parts
1. Airbot Universal Vacuum Stand
Need to store away your Airbot vacuum and relevant accessories without fuss?
With an Airbot Universal Vacuum Stand, you can simply place your vacuum on the stand; gone are the days you have to prop it against a wall or lay it on the ground!
You can also place various accessories on the stand itself, giving you easy access to all of them.
As for the stand itself, it’s slim and lightweight with a low-profile; you do have to build it yourself, although an Allen Key will be provided.
That being said, it is just a stand, so it’s not the most necessary purchase If you don’t mind the vacuum simply lying around.
2. Airbot Motorized Dust Mite Brush
Compatible for all 5 models:
The Airbot Motorized Dust Mite Brush comes free with the gold Hypersonics model and only costs RM50 as a separate purchase.
But how much does it cost separately?
And it works great! You’ll collect a lot more unseen dust when you’re using this attachment on your Airbot vacuum cleaner!
3. Airbot Flex Tube Optional Spare Parts
You may be able to get this accessory for as low as RM29.
The hose improves the flexibility and reach of the vacuum cleaner even if it’s not that long!
Note: Compatible for all models.
4. Airbot Care Protection Plan Extra 1 Year Warranty
For an additional RM80, you can extend the existing warranty for an extra year!
Although, do note that the warranty only applies to the electronic components of the vacuums.
As such, the warranty does not cover:
- Cosmetic damage
- Mechanical damage
- Battery degradation
The Airbot Care Protection Plan also includes free technical support, where you can receive guidance on troubleshooting your vacuum or send it to repair for more serious problems.
- You can only buy this plan together in the same order with an Airbot product (Only applies to the Supersonics, iRoom, or Hypersonics vacuum cleaners).
- The warranty will only cover that respective product.
Note: No physical document is provided for the additional warranty; Only a screenshot.
Airbot Vacuum Review – Final Verdict
Airbot vacuums are here to stay in Malaysia!
Because even if the suction power of the new Airbot Hypersonics can’t yet compete with the Dyson v-series:
These Airbot vacuums are still great for daily cleaning, small homes and apartments, and the occasional spot cleaning! And cost so much less!
Thus, they are great entry products for a cordless vacuum cleaner! Go for the Airbot iRoom model if you want an incredibly lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner!
- Corvan Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Review – Full Review Of K9
- 15 Best Vacuum Cleaners In Malaysia 2022
- 11 Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners In Malaysia 2022
- 11 Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners In Malaysia 2022
- Top 5 Dust Mite Vacuum Cleaners In Malaysia 2022
- Corded Vs Cordless Vacuum Cleaners – A Guide