BestBuyGet is reader-supported. We may earn commission from the links in this article at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Stock up on baking ingredients and supplies for your hobby or business with these bakery supply shops in Kuala Lumpur!
Wholesale stores like these can save you a lot of wasted time and frustration over not finding exactly what you need at regular department stores! They tend to be cheaper too!
So get your shopping list ready and get exploring the local bakery supply shops in your area!
1. House Of Ingredients
If you’re the sort that loves to bake everything from scratch, you’ll find all you need at House of Ingredients! Even gluten-free flour!
Sometimes the goods are stacked to the ceiling! They regularly restock too.
The shop takes over two lots – one for cooking equipment, and the other for baking with plenty of choices. So you might want to come early. Especially if you go on a Sunday as they will close earlier.
Because their prices are very reasonable, you can expect a crowd on weekends and before any kind of festive holiday.
But as long as you avoid peak times (11 am or 3 pm), you should have no trouble finding parking.
- Address: 13A, Jalan Gangsa SD 5/3f, Bandar Sri Damansara, 52200 Kuala Lumpur, Selangor
- Opening Hours: 9am to 6pm (Closes at 2pm on Sunday)
- Contact: 03-6274 2262
- Rating: 4.4/5 from 1454 Google reviews
- Website: https://houseofingredients.com.my/
2. Bake With Yen
Anyone who bakes seriously has probably heard of this wholesale baking supplier, Bake With Yen for their affordable baking tools and supplies.
The Chow Kit branch may not be the most comfortable place to shop due to the cramped aisles and occasional lack of parking (especially during festive seasons):
But it’s a one-stop center to get quality ingredients or spices in bulk, pastry tools, and other very specific baking supplies.
Be sure to have a list of what you need so you don’t accidentally buy more than you intend to!
On the other hand, the Rampai and OUG branches are smaller with limited choices but still have the basics at affordable prices. Things like nuts are a lot cheaper here than in other places.
However, if you are looking for a particular brand, you might not be able to find it. And things tend to be sold in bulk, which is more convenient for a bakery or cafe business than for the occasional baker.
As with other baking supply shops in KL, Bake With Yen branches are usually busy on weekends. And hence, parking may not be easy to find.
Chow Kit Branch:
- Address: 29 & 33, Lorong Haji Taib 1, Chow Kit, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 9am to 7pm
- Contact: 03-2692 7623
- Rating: 4.3/5 from 406 Google reviews (as of 7 Nov 2021)
- Address: Rampai Town Centre, 57,59, Jalan 46b/26, Setapak, 53300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 9am to 7pm
- Contact: 03-4144 2345
- Rating: 4.2/5 from 165 Google reviews
- Address: Block A, 27, Medan Hujan Rahmat, Taman Overseas Union, 58200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 8am to 6pm
- Contact: 03-7971 8668
- Rating: 4/5 from 153 Google reviews
3. Yummie Bakery Sdn Bhd
Anyone running a bakery business on a budget may want to check out this bakery supply shop in Kuala Lumpur!
There are boxes for cakes, numerous cake toppers, ingredients, and all sorts of baking essentials and accessories you can think of! For low prices too.
There can be a lot of customers so go early if you want to avoid the long queues. And if you prefer online delivery, they do have this service too! Just give them a call.
- Address: 22, Jalan Medan Pb 2a, Seksyen 9, 43650 Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor
- Opening Hours: 8am–8pm
- Contact: +603 89258098
- Rating: 4.4/5 from 1184 Google Reviews
4. Pastry Pro Sdn Bhd
Here’s a wholesale baking supplies store with air conditioning that has knowledgeable and amiable staff!
And true to the name, it’s a great place to get a wide variety of quality ingredients and high end baking utensils, and other bakery supplies!
As such, prices are inevitably higher than other places in this list.
They don’t lack parking space in their compound either! However, it’s not that convenient to get here if you fully rely on public transport!
Besides baking supplies, they have their own baked goods too. Macaroons and other pastries which they distribute to cafes and hotels alike.
- Address: 8, Jalan 3/37a, Kawasan Perusahaan Taman Bukit Maluri, 52100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 9am to 7pm (Closes at 2pm on Sunday)
- Contact: 03-6272 1155
- Rating: 4.4/5 from 136 Google reviews
- Website: http://pastrypro.com.my/
5. Quality Bakers Concept Store
Quality Bakers Concept Store is a small and tidy store with a huge product selection to satisfy baking enthusiasts.
And in this area, they have the most variety when it comes to baking supplies that you can buy in bulk.
Prices are not too high, though still more pricey than other bakery supply shops in KL. Butter is relatively cheap here.
Despite the name of the store, the quality of the goods doesn’t reach the high end. And are more around the mid to upper tier.
- Address: No.57, Jalan Kampung Pandan, Jalan 3/76d, Desa Pandan, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 10am to 7pm (Closes at 6pm on Sunday)
- Contact: 011-5891 3108
- Rating: 4.3/5 from 108 Google reviews
6. Bake @ Polymart Damai Perdana
What’s not to like about Bake @ Polymart Damai Perdana?
Prices are fair, the staff is friendly and there is a lot to pick and choose from their collection of baking supplies and confectionery ingredients!
The shop is very well organized so you can probably find what you need on your own without having to engage the staff.
Plus, the aisles are generous compared to other baking supply shops in KL.
- Address: 11, Jln Damai Perdana 6/1B, Bandar Damai Perdana, 43200 Kuala Lumpur, Selangor
- Opening Hours: 10am to 8:30pm (Closes at 5:30pm on Sunday)
- Contact: 03-9544 5734
- Rating: 4.3/5 from 78 Google reviews
- Website: https://www.polymart2u.com.my/
7. LS Bakery Shop
Run by a soft-spoken friendly owner as well as helpful staff:
LS Bakery Shop stocks all the essential bakery supplies and some quality baking ingredients too!
Prices vary according to the item. Certain items like cake boxes are cheap, others may be more expensive than you expect.
Parking is for the most part, easy.
The only gripe seems to be the inconsistent opening hours.
- Address: 81, Amber Business Plaza, Jalan Jelawat 1, Cheras, 56000 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 10:30am to 6pm (Closed on Sunday)
- Contact: 03-9173 2101
- Rating: 4.5/5 from 46 Google reviews
8. Easy Make
While there’s not a big diversity of goods, Easy Make has the baking tools necessary for the casual baker.
It is a neat shop with quality products available. Moreover, prices aren’t unreasonable. Though you will not find things like Mascarpone cheese or real vanilla extract here.
And it can get crowded quickly if there are more than 10 customers inside at a time.
The owner is very knowledgeable and happy to share some advice on baking.
- Address: 48, Jalan Serkut, Taman Pertama, Batu 4, 56100 Wilayah Persekutuan, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 9:30am to 6pm
- Contact: 03-9200 8278
- Rating: 4.4/5 from 79 Google Reviews
9. Bake Well Supplies Sdn Bhd (Taman Melawati)
No need to head to the city for bakery supplies, Bake Well Supplies Sdn Bhd in Taman Melawati has everything you need for a baking business.
Including butter, assorted packaging, ingredients, etc. Shelves are high and always well-stocked. The friendly staff makes the shopping experience better even if the shop is very crowded at times.
The only real bother might be the lack of parking. Double-parking is common here. Moreover, prices are comparatively higher.
- Address: 15&16, Jln Bandar 3, Taman Melawati, 53100 Kuala Lumpur, Selangor
- Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday, 9am–7pm; Sunday, 9:30am–5:30pm
- Contact: +603 41621065
- Website: http://www.bakewell.com.my/
10. Baking Hub Ingredients Sdn Bhd
Find the usual and less typical ingredients (including natural vanilla, imported butter and chocolate) for baking cakes here, but also a great selection of different flour types that are freshly stocked.
Besides offering some intriguing baking tools and appliances, a comfortable shopping environment, helpful staff, and a convenient location:
Baking Hub Ingredients Sdn Bhd is a neighborhood baking supplies shop in Kuala Lumpur that suits the leisurely home baker.
- Address: 8, Jalan PJU 1/3a, Sunway Mas Commercial Center, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday, 9am–7pm; Sunday, 9am–6pm
- Contact: +603 78871070
- Website: https://bakinghub.com.my/
So whether you are just starting to bake or venturing into the baking industry, this list of the best bakery supply shops in Kuala Lumpur should suffice!
And if you are trying to cut down your expenditures as much as possible, it’s a safe bet to visit any Bake With Yen branch. For picking up unusual ingredients, there are certain shops to keep in mind too.
Now that you know where to get your ingredients, how about the oven itself? Check out our article on the best baking ovens in Malaysia for our curated list.