Have the Corvan Cordless Vacuum K9 in your shopping cart? But can’t bring yourself to spend that amount on a cordless vacuum? Even if it’s much cheaper than a Dyson?
This full corvan cordless vacuum review will help you make that decision! Note that this is a sponsored post.
The cordless vacuum we feature in this review is providedby Corvan. However, this is our true opinion and feedback on this product!
- Washable 3-stage HEPA filtration
- USA engineered
- 2-3 hours charging time
- 40 minutes’ runtime (25 on max mode)
- 1 year warranty for the body and battery
- 5 years’ warranty for the motor
- 600ml dirt capacity and cyclonic dust separation
- Suction power of [email protected],000rpm
- 1-press operation
- Ergonomic and lightweight design
- User can replace the Li-ion battery pack
- 4 brush head attachments included
First Impressions Of The Corvan Cordless Vacuum K9
Note: You may see photos and videos of this vacuum elsewhere where the model is white with red accents. That is the older K8 version. This review is about the K9 model. And not a comparison between the two.
The vacuum arrives in a brown cardboard box.
A perfect fit for the inner white box.
Both boxes have the Corvan brand and respective product on top.
Inside the inner box is a recycled paper tray that holds most of the components. All of which are individually wrapped in their own plastic.
We are frankly glad that the use of plastic is not over the top!
Don’t panic if you can’t find the stick (we did) but actually, it’s at the bottom of the white box!
All components were present. And all are new and clean. With no signs of damage. The floor brush in particular, is of impressive sturdy quality!
- 2-in-1 crevice tool – for corners
- Dusting brush – can be rotated 360° (bed, sofa and curtains)
- Mattress cleaning tool
- Power brush
- Wall mount (and respective screws)
Charging The Corvan Cordless Vacuum K9
From the manual:
It’s recommended to make sure that the battery is fully charged. And then use it until the battery runs out completely for the first use.
This will help improve the battery life. The product charging time is approximately 2 to 4 hours.
- Less than 15% – Flashing red light
- 15% ~50% – Flashing yellow light
- 50% ~ 99.9% – Flashing green light
- 100% – Green light
So based on the manual description:
The vacuum appears to be partially charged (15% to 50%) already, out of the box. This is not something to worry about.
Since there is quality control done before the product is shipped out.
Hence, it only took an hour for the vacuum to reach the flashing green light stage (50% ~ 99.9%) after plugging it in.
After another hour more, the light changed to a steady green (100%).
For the first use, you have to fully charge the battery. Then use the vacuum until 0% before charging it again for the next time you vacuum.
Assembling The Corvan Cordless Vacuum K9
This is so easy that you probably don’t even need to look at the manual!
Just double check that the pins are aligned before slotting the attachments to the main body or stick.
All components fit nicely with an audible click. And without the need for brute force!
Note: You cannot stand this vacuum cleaner upright on its own. That’s what the wall mount is for!
All of the 3 buttons (Power, Standard and Turbo) you need are at the back of the main body.
- Power On – Hold for 2 seconds (It feels more like 2.5 seconds. This helps to prevent children from accidentally turning on the vacuum cleaner. It really won’t turn on if you hold it for less than that!)
- Power Off – Slight touch on power button (less than a second)
- Standard – this is the default suction power. And it is strong enough that we did not need the turbo mode!
- Turbo – Significantly louder than the standard mode besides the stronger suction
- Power automatically cuts off when there is a block (i.e. trapped hair) in the power brush
- Alerts you with a flashing yellow light if the main suction inlet or brush inlet is blocked
For the last 2, we did not encounter any blockage during our first trial so we will not comment on that. Maybe next time.
Ease Of Use
It’s important to note that the anti-tangle floor brush only cleans one way (i.e. forward). This brush was not designed to clean up dirt by pulling it backward.
The dust balls will just roll around underneath the head until you go back to the forward direction to pick them up.
This is because there is a felt stopper at the dirt inlet to ensure that all dust gets sucked up by the vacuum while it pushes forward.
- LED light – Such a simple but amazing feature! You don’t have to turn on room lights to see the dust anymore! This is only on the main floor brush, by the way.
- Turbo mode – For the purpose of daily cleaning, the standard level is good enough! Though it is easy to switch between modes as you are vacuuming! And you don’t have to continuously press down the button!
- Weight –The main body together with the stick and floor brush weigh ~2kg. Light enough for one hand to use! You will feel the drag if you’re using the vacuum to clean ceilings though!
- Button placement – Out of the way so there’s no chance of accidently hitting a button!
- Maneuverability – Smooth, the floor brush is able to turn and fit under beds and some sofas (height profile is 11.8cm)
- Heat – You would expect the main body of the vacuum to get hot quickly but even after 40 minutes’ use, it’s just merely warm (feels like 35 degree Celcius)!
- Cyclonic dust separation – Really clumps the dust and hair together for easy removal from the container
Charging Time & Runtime
Stated charging time: 2-3 hours Stated runtime: 40 minutes
Actual charging time: ~3-4 hours
Actual runtime: >40 minutes (standard level)
We did not get to try as many places as we wanted. But the overall performance is great! It picks up a lot more dust than you would expect!
- Carpet – n/a
- Car interior – n/a
- Stairs – It’s so great to have a cordless vacuum in this scenario!
- Mattress – Really impressed with this one! You can see the result below. We are ashamed to admit the last time we cleaned that single mattress.
- Ceiling – n/a
- Fan – By the third blade, your arm will likely need a quick break.
- Crevices – 2-in-1 crevice tool is cleverly designed. You can flip the brush head down or up as needed without having to shut off the vacuum. Or switch attachments!
- Underneath furniture – That LED light comes in super handy. It’s so satisfying to see the clean trail left behind! There was only one sofa we couldn’t get the vacuum under. But it was not a problem for other furniture pieces!
Emptying The Dust Container
It takes some time to get used to the trigger. Your fingers have to tug it back until the lid pops open. Tap the dust container on the top and the dust should fall right into the bin.
For fine dust, an old toothbrush does the trick to get them out!
The capacity of the dust container is sufficient for the entire upstairs of our home (<1.5K sq ft), plus stairs. We only have to empty the container once.
Is It Noisy?
It’s strangely quiet for the suction power it produces!
The sound is higher pitch than expected. A bit like the noise a small travel-friendly hair dryer makes!
When it’s time to clean out the HEPA filter (and exhaust foam), we will likely update this post again. Till then, the manual clearly states how.
The battery can be removed via a dedicated button. You can slide it in and out of the main vacuum body with ease.
If you’re not planning on using the vacuum for a long time, take the battery out and keep it separately. Else it will drain (even when you’re not using the vacuum).
Note: If you do need to replace that battery in the future, it costs ~RM200.
We can’t say enough good things about this vacuum! If you have never tried a cordless vacuum before, this is the one that will convert you to cordless vacuum cleaners moving forward!
And yes, it does cost more than other cordless vacuum cleaners in the market. But you have to consider the quality of the product and the responsive service you get from Corvan. And the long warranty period too!
Get the product from this link to the official Corvan flagship store on Lazada: