Have the Corvan Cordless Vacuum K9 in your shopping cart? But can’t bring yourself to spend that amount on a cordless vacuum? Even if it’s much cheaper than a Dyson?
This full Corvan cordless vacuum review will help you make that decision! Note that this is a sponsored post.
The cordless vacuum we feature in this review is provided by Corvan. However, this is our true opinion and feedback on this product!
Note: We’ve had this baby for close to 2 years now. See what we think about it!
Corvan K9 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Has a HEPA filter (that is washable)
Comfortable, easy to use, and clean
Good trade-off between actual charging time and run time
Effective suction even at default mode (we hardly ever use the max speed actually)
Does not get hot
LED light is convenient
Can be wall-mounted
Does not come with a flexible hose
Does not stand on its own
Not light enough for elders to use
Features As Per The Corvan Website:
- Washable 3-stage HEPA filtration
- USA engineered
- 2-3 hours charging time
- 40 minutes’ runtime (25 on max mode)
- 1 year warranty for the body and battery
- 5 years’ warranty for the motor
- 600ml dirt capacity and cyclonic dust separation
- Suction power of 115AW@100,000rpm
- 1-press operation
- Ergonomic and lightweight design
- User can replace the Li-ion battery pack
- 4 brush head attachments included
First Impressions Of The Corvan Cordless Vacuum K9
Note: You may see photos and videos of this vacuum elsewhere where the model is white with red accents. That is the older K8 version. This review is about the K9 model. And not a comparison between the two.
The vacuum arrives in a brown cardboard box.
A perfect fit for the inner white box.
Both boxes have the Corvan brand and respective product on top.
Inside the inner box is a recycled paper tray that holds most of the components. All of which are individually wrapped in their own plastic.
We are frankly glad that the use of plastic is not over the top!
Don’t panic if you can’t find the stick (we did) but actually, it’s at the bottom of the white box!
All components were present. And all are new and clean. With no signs of damage. The floor brush, in particular, is of impressive sturdy quality!
The powered floor brush is the attachment we use the most. And after 2 years of daily use, it has held up well!
We are pretty rough with it too, frequently banging it (not intentionally of course) on furniture and the stairs.
PS: It does not damage our furniture
- 2-in-1 crevice tool – for corners
- Dusting brush – can be rotated 360° (bed, sofa and curtains)
- Mattress cleaning tool
- Power brush
- Wall mount (and respective screws)
Honestly, we never really use the dusting brush. It is made redundant by the other brush heads. Like the 2-in-1 crevice tool which is super handy for many situations.
The mattress cleaning tool is our favorite for upholstery.
And we would rather just take down our curtains and wash them instead of brushing them!
For daily cleaning, you really just need the power brush!
Charging The Corvan Cordless Vacuum K9
From the manual:
It’s recommended to make sure that the battery is fully charged. And then use it until the battery runs out completely for the first use.
This will help improve the battery life. The product charging time is approximately 2 to 4 hours. It’s still close to 3.5 hours even after 2 years of daily use!
- Less than 15% – Flashing red light
- 15% ~50% – Flashing yellow light
- 50% ~ 99.9% – Flashing green light
- 100% – Green light
So based on the manual description:
The vacuum appears to be partially charged (15% to 50%) already, out of the box. This is not something to worry about.
Since there is quality control done before the product is shipped out.
Hence, it only took an hour for the vacuum to reach the flashing green light stage (50% ~ 99.9%) after plugging it in.
After another hour more, the light changed to a steady green (100%).
Remember: For the first use, you have to fully charge the battery. Then use the vacuum until 0% before charging it again for the next time you vacuum.
Assembling The Corvan Cordless Vacuum K9
This is so easy that you probably don’t even need to look at the manual!
Just double-check that the pins are aligned before slotting the attachments into the main body or stick.
All components fit nicely with an audible click. And without the need for brute force!
Note: We’re quite rough with ours and after 2 years, the bottom-most pin falls off occasionally if you hit it on the bottom of furniture. But it is easy to put back.
Note: You cannot stand this vacuum cleaner upright on its own. That’s what the wall mount is for!
All of the 3 buttons (Power, Standard and Turbo) you need are easily accessible at the back of the main body.
- Power On – Hold for 2 seconds (It feels more like 2.5 seconds. This helps to prevent children from accidentally turning on the vacuum cleaner. It really won’t turn on if you hold it for less than that!)
- Power Off – Slight touch on power button (less than a second)
- Standard – this is the default suction power. And it is strong enough that we did not need the turbo mode!
- Turbo – Significantly louder than the standard mode besides the stronger suction; Sucks up dust (and power) considerably
- Power automatically cuts off when there is a block (i.e. trapped hair) in the power brush – haven’t encountered this yet since we got this vacuum
- Alerts you with a flashing yellow light if the main suction inlet or brush inlet is blocked
Ease Of Use
It’s important to note that the anti-tangle floor brush only cleans one way (i.e. forward). This brush was not designed to clean up dirt by pulling it backward.
The dust balls will just roll around underneath the head until you go back in the forward direction to pick them up.
This is because there is a felt stopper at the dirt inlet to ensure that all dust gets sucked up by the vacuum while it pushes forward.
So if you only roll the vacuum in one direction instead of in a zig-zag motion, you’ll hardly have any hair trapped in the roller!
- LED light – Such a simple but amazing feature! You don’t have to turn on room lights to see the dust anymore! This is only on the main floor brush, by the way.
- Turbo mode – For the purpose of daily cleaning, the standard level is good enough! Though it is easy to switch between modes as you are vacuuming! And you don’t have to continuously press down the button!
- Weight –The main body together with the stick and floor brush weight ~2kg. Light enough for one hand to use! You will feel the drag if you’re using the vacuum to clean ceilings though!
- Button placement – Out of the way so there’s no chance of accidentally hitting a button!
- Maneuverability – Smooth, the floor brush is able to turn and fit under beds and some sofas (height profile is 11.8cm)
- Heat – You would expect the main body of the vacuum to get hot quickly but even after 40 minutes’ use, it’s just merely warm (feels like 35 degree Celcius)!
- Cyclonic dust separation – Really clumps the dust and hair together for easy removal from the container
Charging Time & Runtime
Stated charging time: 2-3 hours Stated runtime: 40 minutes
Actual charging time: ~3-4 hours
Actual runtime: >40 minutes (standard level)
We seldom use the turbo mode on the Corvan K9 Cordless Vacuum. The standard setting is good enough for picking cat fur, long strands of hair, and dust.
It can pick up dust from carpets too. And with the 2-in-1 crevice tool, you can pick up some dust trapped in window grills too.
We actually don’t see a noticeable difference between the standard and turbo modes even though the latter does feel stronger (and sounds louder).
Both standard and turbo modes are not capable of picking up cat fur that is stuck on our car seat upholstery.
Turbo mode really drains the battery quickly so this is another reason why we prefer to use the standard mode and multiple passes instead.
After using the Corvan K9 Cordless Vacuum for close to 2 years, we have no complaints. It works great for daily cleaning and spot cleaning.
It always picks up a lot more dust than you would expect! And what’s really nice, is that it is easy to remove hair from the main brush.
- Carpet – n/a
- Car interior – n/a
- Stairs – It’s so great to have a cordless vacuum in this scenario!
- Mattress – Really impressed with this one! You can see the result below. We are ashamed to admit the last time we cleaned that single mattress.
- Fan – By the third blade, your arm will likely need a quick break.
- Crevices – 2-in-1 crevice tool is cleverly designed. You can flip the brush head down or up as needed without having to shut off the vacuum. Or switch attachments! We do miss the LED light which is only on the floor brush though
- Walls, light fixtures and ceiling – Possible with the 2-in-1 crevice tool and a ladder
- Underneath furniture – That LED light comes in super handy. It’s so satisfying to see the clean trail left behind! There was only one sofa we couldn’t get the vacuum under. But it was not a problem for other furniture pieces!
Emptying The Dust Container
It takes some time to get used to the trigger. Your fingers have to tug it back until the lid pops open. Tap the dust container on the top and the dust should fall right into the bin.
For fine dust, an old toothbrush does the trick to get them out!
The capacity of the dust container is sufficient for the entire upstairs of our home (<1.5K sq ft), plus stairs. We only have to empty the container once.
We could probably get away with not emptying the container after a week of use but we usually just empty it out after each cleaning session!
Is It Noisy?
It’s strangely quiet for the suction power it produces!
The sound is higher pitch than expected. A bit like the noise a small travel-friendly hair dryer makes!
After 8 months, this whine seems to have gone away. To be replaced with the rolling sound from wheels that need to be cleaned occasionally (we have an old metal dental pick for that)!
But it’s still acceptably quiet for daily use without disturbing the household.
If you find that yours is a lot louder than it used to be (or that it struggles to pick up hair), it’s time to clean or change the filter. Switching to a brand-new filter makes it sound like a new vacuum again.
Maintenance Of the Corvan K9 Cordless Vacuum
When it’s time to clean out the HEPA filter, there are clear instructions in the manual on how to open up the filter unit.
Filter Unit And Dust Container Of the Corvan K9 Cordless Vacuum
If not, Corvan has a handy video on how to do it:
After doing this for 3-4 times, it becomes a quick process. We recommend that you clean the HEPA filter outside and wear a mask while you’re doing so! A toothbrush helps a lot!
Removing The Roller
We didn’t actually need to do this even after 8 months, but we thought we’d try just to check it out. You only need a big coin (and a little force) to get the brush out.
You can wash it but we just wiped it down.
After 2 years, we have removed the roller brush several times. We use our hands and regular dishwashing soap each time. Be careful not to get water at the end of the brush with metal components.
We leave it to dry under a fan or some sunshine completely before replacing it back into the attachment.
Our one gripe with the maintenance of the Corvan K9 Cordless Vacuum is that you can’t easily remove the little wheels for the power brush. Dust and hair do get trapped here. The vacuum still works, it’s just not as smooth as before and looks unsightly.
The battery can be removed via a dedicated button. You can slide it in and out of the main vacuum body with ease.
If you’re not planning on using the vacuum for a long time, take the battery out and keep it separately. Else it will drain (even when you’re not using the vacuum).
We are still using the original battery. It has been 2 years and it still functions like new.
Note: If you do need to replace that battery in the future, it costs ~RM200.
We can’t say enough good things about this vacuum! If you have never tried a cordless vacuum before, this is the one that will convert you to cordless vacuum cleaners moving forward!
And yes, it does cost more than other cordless vacuum cleaners in the market. But you have to consider the quality of the product and the responsive service you get from Corvan. And the long warranty period too!
After about 2 years of using the Corvan K9 Cordless Vacuum, we still think it’s worth getting! The vacuum is well built and we’ve had no issues with it – mechanical or otherwise. The maintenance is minimal too!
Get the product from their official Corvan flagship store on Lazada or Shopee:
- Read Our Full Review On Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
- Read Our Review On MIUI Portable Hand Vacuum Cleaner XT01B
- 11 Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners In Malaysia
- 11 Best Vacuum Cleaners In Malaysia
- 11 Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners In Malaysia