The best face mists in Malaysia 2021 are much more than just fancy water sprays for your face!
Some research is necessary because there are a lot of face mists that smell incredibly nice. But these are often just perfumed water (with alcohol) that can make your skin worse!
From this post, you can see all potential benefits (for different skin types) from the following face mist reviews of recommended products in Malaysia!
How To Choose The Best Face Mist (According To Skin Type)
Whichever skin type you have, it’s best to avoid products with alcohol:
- Oily Skin: Formulas with some astringent ingredients help keep excess oil in check; You need to watch out for comedogenic ingredients.
- Dry Skin: Plant oils provide more hydration; Hyaluronic acid and squalane are great too!
- Sensitive Skin: Simplicity is key. Soothing, calming ingredients like (aloe, calendula and chamomile) are good to have
- Acne Prone Skin: This skin type needs a soothing formula too. That is both antibacterial and oil/ silicone free
- Normal Skin: We have a section of products just for you! That are neither too drying or moisturizing. A couple of them have fragrance. But your skin will probably be ok with that!
All skin types should be able to use the first section of this list! So don’t just look at the section for your particular skin type!
11 Best Face Mist Malaysia 2021
- Best For Oil Control: La Roche Posay Serozinc Mattifying and Soothing Face Mist
- Best Hydration Boost & Anti-aging: Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Mist
- Best Skin Soother For Irritated Skin: AVENE Thermal Spring Water
- Best For Refreshing Make Up: Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Mist
- Best Natural Face Mist: Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Mist
- Best Antioxidant Face Mist: Pyunkang Yul Mist Toner
- Best Micro-mist: Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Mist
- Best Fragrance-Free: Pyunkang Yul Mist Toner
Best For Sensitive Skin (& All Skin Types)
1. Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Mist – Best Hydration Boost & Anti-aging
Free from alcohol, sulfates, silicones, parabens, fragrance, and essential oils:
Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Mist from the USA has vitamin C and grape seed extract for brightening and anti-aging effects. On top of being very hydrating!
Feel free to use it on your neck, arms, and chest, too!
Other than being extremely refreshing, this face mist delights users with its nice floral scent. According to them, they find that it leaves their face well-hydrated, supple, and soft!
It refines their pores, balances out any uneven skin tone, and can even reduce breakouts!
The pump sprays out mist quite strongly (which users have compared to a water gun), so spray it on your hands before applying to your face or other areas of your body.
Recommended for most skin types who want an all-natural face mist with additional benefits besides hydration! Just mind the high pressure of the spray!
- Size: n/a
- Suitable For: n/a
- Key Ingredients: Water, Vitamin C, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, White Tea, Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Green Tea, Hesperidin, Grape Seed Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Pomegranate Seed, etc
- Price: ~RM80
2. Timeless HA Matrixyl 3000™ Cucumber Spray
Refreshing – especially if you keep it in the fridge:
The Timeless HA Matrixyl 3000™ Cucumber Spray smells pleasantly of cucumbers! And it has a way of getting makeup to look more natural.
It also helps to support the skin barrier and protect it from environmental pollutants! Plus, the Matrixyl®️ 3000 content has anti-aging properties to minimize wrinkles and fine lines!
A favorite among users for its gentle and mild formulation has left their skin soft and rejuvenated. Most of them enjoy the soothing cucumber scent, while a few find it a little overwhelming.
However, like the previous product, this spray does not dispense a gentle mist. And can ruin your makeup if sprayed on right after makeup application!
Moreover, some users label it as a ‘faux’, as they don’t notice any changes to their skin. While some others dislike the sticky feel it leaves behind.
- Phenoxyethanol is present (preservative)
- Matrixyl®️ 3000 contains Glycerin, Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7
- Size: 120ml
- Suitable For: All skin types
- Key Ingredients: Water, AloeBarbadensis, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Calcium Pantothenate, Matrixyl®️ 3000, Cucumber Extract, Phenoxyethanol
- Price: ~RM80
3. AVENE Thermal Spring Water – Best Skin Soother For Irritated Skin
If you have easily irritated, allergic or hypersensitive skin, then look no further.
This is hands down, the best drugstore face mist in Malaysia!
Not just because it has risk-free ingredients:
But because it really calms irritated and itchy skin.
And unlike the previous two products, the spray emits a highly vaporized mist in a gentle manner.
Users rave about its powerful hydrating effects! And for those with highly sensitive skin, they are amazed at how well it soothes and relieves itching!
Positive reviews also compliment the fine consistency of the face mist that carries until the product is almost finished. They note that it is light, fresh, and dries quickly without leaving any residue.
From personal experience (perioral dermatitis), you need to use this face mist at least a few times a day to keep breakouts (not talking about pimples) under control.
While regular use of this face mist for sensitive skin shows visible improvement, users who don’t have irritable or problematic skin may feel like the AVENE Thermal Spring Water is a waste of money!
- Size: 300ml
- Suitable For: Sensitive Skin
- Key Ingredients: AVENE Thermal Spring Water (Water, Nitrogen)
- Price: ~RM70
4. Eucerin AQUAporin Face Hydration Mist Spray
An affordable and safe face mist spray:
Eucerin’s AQUAporin Face Hydration Mist Spray does its job without essential oils, parabens, sulfates, silicones, fragrance, or alcohol!
The brand promises instant relief for dry flaky skin. Plus, the travel-size bottle makes this convenient to bring on-the-go in case you need a quick pick-me-up!
The spray output may be inconsistent, though. As users require anywhere between a single to a few sprays to cover the face.
Based on feedback, users are huge fans of the lightweight, non–greasy texture. And some claim that it reduces excess oil for oily skin types!
Overall, this product is recommended by most users as it significantly locks in moisture, refreshes, and softens the skin.
They further remark that it can be used to set or freshen your makeup after application!
Those who have experienced irritation or breakouts from other brands do not with this face mist.
Unfortunately, you may also not notice any significant difference to your skin, according to a handful of users.
- Size: 150ml
- Suitable For: Dry & Sensitive Skin
- Key Ingredients: Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, Panthenol, Arginine HCL, Sodium Citrate, Trisodium EDTA, 1-2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol
- Price: ~RM60
5. Pyunkang Yul Mist Toner – Best Antioxidant Face Mist & Best Fragrance-Free
Do you struggle with constantly red and irritated skin? This product contains Barberry root extract to soothe itch and irritation.
Plus, it’s hard to find fault with that short ingredient list containing risk-free ingredients!
The Pyunkang Yul Mist Toner has an antioxidant as the main ingredient (Japanese Goldthread Root Extract) too!
It’s a great addition to your daily skincare routine. To prep the skin to absorb key ingredients during the next stages of your routine!
User comment that this fragrance-free face mist restores the vitality and moisture in their skin. Adding that it is probably most suitable for combination skin.
Other than its quick-drying and non-greasy properties, several users don’t notice anything else impressive. Which is disappointing due to its higher cost. The moisture isn’t lasting for dry skin types either.
Furthermore, it can disrupt makeup, so it is best used before applying your makeup.
- Size: 100 or 200 ml
- Suitable For: All Skin Types
- Key Ingredients: Coptis Japonica Root Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate
- Price: ~RM30-50
Best For Normal Skin
6. Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist
Light and refreshing:
Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist is a fairly safe option if you can’t resist having a product that smells of flowers!
Use it on bare skin or over your makeup at any time of the day to tackle dullness and dryness!
It may be too harsh for sensitive skin, as a few mentioned a tingling sensation and red patches post-use. Other users do recommend patch testing before use, especially if your skin is hypersensitive!
On the other hand, users appreciate the well-designed nozzle that releases the product evenly to cover your entire face!
And there are numerous positive reviews that compliment the versatility of this product:
It’s refreshing and moisturizing, and can double up as a makeup setting spray! Many adore the alluring rosy scent.
However, the Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist is also described as ridiculously pricey. With several users displeased that they don’t feel any other improvements to their skin.
Moreover, if you’re looking to take this everywhere with you, the glass bottle makes it inconvenient.
- Size: 60 or 120 ml
- Suitable For: All Skin Types
- Key Ingredients: Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, etc
- Price: ~RM70-140
7. COSRX Low pH PHA Barrier Mist
With a PHA acid exfoliant (gluconolactone), the COSRX Low pH PHA Barrier Mist 75ML is also a lovely pick-me-up!
That gives skin a glowly look. While maintaining the healthy pH balance of your skin to fortify its barrier!
The nozzle disperses the mist finely, and users love this! Most users who have sensitive skin did not experience any redness or allergic reactions post-use (Unfortunately, a handful did).
While some users were pleased with how effective it was in restoring their skin’s moisture:
Another group did not observe any effects, and a few even claimed their skin is drier post-use!
Since the COSRX Low PH PHA Barrier Mist 75ML can be drying, we would recommend this for oilier skin types. And those with sensitive skin should be wary when using this!
- Size: 75ml
- Suitable For: All Skin Types
- Key Ingredients: Coconut Fruit Extract, Gluconolactone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Anise Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polysorbate 60, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide
- Price: ~RM40
8. Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel Mist
Refreshing with a pleasant smell:
Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel Mist 150ml stays true to the name as the main ingredient is aloe vera!
The aloe vera acts to cool and repair damaged skin. And the calendula flower extract may help reduce those pesky wrinkles and scars! We’re not as happy about the inclusion of alcohol though!
Reviews are highly positive:
Praising its soothing fragrance and potent hydrating properties!
According to many, it is compatible with most skin types (combination, normal, dry) and effective in securing moisture, increasing elasticity, and brightening the complexion.
Those with oilier skin and acne prone skin should be cautious, though. Users with this skin type notice breakouts over the forehead and chin due to excessive oil after use!
- Size: 150ml
- Suitable For: All Skin Types
- Key Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (92%), Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Polyglutamic Acid, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Spearmint, etc
- Price: ~RM24
Best For Dry Skin
9. Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Mist – Best For Refreshing Make Up & Best Micro-mist
Hydrate your skin with the pentylene glycol, glycerin, and ceramides in the Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Mist!
The plant oils also provide a natural and welcome scent to this product.
Furthermore, the brand boasts that this product has been clinically proven to be hypoallergenic. Hence, those with sensitive skin can choose this for a worry-free experience!
From reviews, the most outstanding benefit is this:
The face mist can set and freshen your makeup extremely well, better than some makeup mists! And because of how well it hydrates the skin, many users bid goodbye to dry flakes!
Its subtle citrus fragrance is pleasant. And according to users, this nozzle takes micro–mist to the next level, producing extremely fine clouds of particles!
A few have noticed mild breakouts post-use, though!
So if you have dry skin that isn’t prone to breakouts, you can try the Holika Holika Good Cera Super Ceramide Mist (120ml).
- Size: 120ml
- Suitable For: Dry Skin
- Key Ingredients: Water, Methylpropanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Xanthan Gum, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Bacillus Ferment, etc
- Price: ~RM55
10. Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist
It’s not just hype:
Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist’s top 3 ingredients include glycerin and squalane. Both of which are safe hydrating ingredients! Along with sodium hyaluronate in the formula!
Besides those, there are many antioxidants (licorice, green tea, ginseng)!
The brand states that the benefits are numerous:
This face mist can provide a stable base for makeup application. Or you can use it afterwards to prevent caking in your make up. Other than that, you can take it on-the-go for occasional touch ups!
However, this is not completely the case according to users. Some notice their makeup was cakier and grainier.
But the face mist does play its role in moisturizing and softening the skin. Although the effects are not significant at all to some users. Some users have observed zits and breakouts appearing after use.
On the flip side, there are some users who support the brand claims that it stabilizes your makeup for longer-lasting application. And view it as an absolute savior when it comes to hydrating dry flaky skin!
Just be more careful if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin!
- Size: 40ml
- Suitable For: Normal To Dry Skin
- Key Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Triethylhexanoin, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Saccharomyces/Camellia Sinensis Leaf/Cladosiphon Okamuranus/Rice Ferment Filtrate*, Sericin, Licorice Root Extract, Rice Germ Oil, etc
- Price: ~RM200
For Oily Skin & Acne Prone Skin
11. La Roche Posay Serozinc Mattifying and Soothing Face Mist – Oily Skin – Best For Oil Control
La Roche Posay Serozinc Mattifying and Soothing Face Mist moisturizes oily skin adequately, keeping oil production under control.
With just 3 simple ingredients!
If you adore that matte look, this product will reduce the shine and grease common in oily skin types!
Reviews mention that this product supports skin elasticity, making it firmer and smoother. Those with enlarged pores have also observed less visible pores after use.
Besides that, they remark that the product has a feather light non–greasy composition. And confirm that it tames oily T-zones while refreshing the skin!
Of course, it is not guaranteed to work for everyone. The product has left a few users disappointed due to lack of efficacy in controlling oil production.
- Size: 150ml
- Suitable For: Acne-Prone/ Oily Skin
- Key Ingredients: Water, Zinc Sulfate, Sodium Chloride
- Price: ~RM56
But What Is Face Mist Exactly?
If it’s not clear, these are liquid products. In a spray bottle so you can mist the product onto to your face!
Thus, it’s a quick way to refresh your skin throughout the day!
Do You Need Face Mist?
The main reason is that they make your skin damp. For better absorption of other products!
You could use plain water in that case, but why not take the opportunity to treat your skin?
Want to know what else they do?
Benefits Of Face Mist
- Revive your makeup and give it a natural texture
- Dilute products that are too potent
- As an instant skin refresher
- Hydrate dry skin
- Calm skin and reduce redness
- Provide oil and acne control
- Prepare your skin before makeup
- Balance your skin pH
- Deliver antioxidants to your skin
If you’re trying to fix a breakout, you should try the best acne treatment in Malaysia!
Face Mist Vs Toner
Can you use a face mist in place of a toner?
Admittedly, it’s getting harder to distinguish the two products.
But the application is still different:
For instance, you can remove any remaining traces of your facial cleansing oil with a toner. And this is usually twice a day after washing your face.
However, when you use a face mist, it does not necessarily have to be after you wash your face!
How Often Should You Apply Face Mist?
Most face mists don’t have a limit to how often you can use them. Just spritz a little when your face feels tight.
If you want a guideline to follow, then twice daily should suffice.
And you’ll want to be extra careful with products with astringents! Too much can dry out your skin!
This selection of the best face mists in Malaysia has something for everyone! However, it is not a fundamental part of every beauty regime. And could bring more harm than good if overused!
Or if you don’t find one that is compatible for your skin type!