BestBuyGet is reader-supported. We may earn commission from the links in this article at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
After the success of their stand mixer, local Malaysia brand Kitmens introduced the KM-KO65, a matching conventional oven with a generous 65L capacity and numerous features.
Before we dive into this full review of the Kitmens KM-KO65, you should know that the oven featured in this review was sent to us from Kitmens.
But you’ll nevertheless get our honest and unbiased opinion on it! As well as real life photos of it!
Table Of Contents:
- Pros & Cons of the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
- KM-KO65 Oven Specs and Features
- Comparing 1st Generation And 2nd Generation Of The Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
- Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65 Review
- Overall Review of the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
Pros & Cons of the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
We’ll get into greater detail further down the post. For now, this is just an overview:
- 3 attractive colors to choose from – Sakura Pink, Burgundy Red, Royal Grey
- Big (65 liter) – great for baking in big batches
- Ergonomic handle
- Effortless cleaning
- Removable crumb tray
- Built-in preheat function (except for fermentation and defrost mode)
- Convection function – turn on the fan for better heat distribution
- Cooking copy mode – remembers your previous setting
- Very affordable (RM650) – 1 year warranty
- Instruction manual is easy to understand
- Easy to set up
- Sturdy build with smooth/matte finish
- Big – might not be suitable for small homes with limited kitchen space
KM-KO65 Oven Specs and Features:
And here are the key features of the oven:
- Capacity: 65 liter
- Power: 2200W
- Voltage: 220 – 240V
- Weight: 14kg
- Product dimension: 64 x 46 x 40cm
- LED display
- Controller knob
- Fiberglass insulation
- Double layered glass door
- PID Control System – Keeps Set Temperature at ±5°C variance.
- 9 + 1 preset mode – dual heating, top heating, bottom heating, fermentation/dehydrate, defrost, cooking copy (C.C), chicken, pizza, and toast
- 360° heat distribution – M rod heating element, reflective diamond sheet, convection fan
Comparing 1st Generation And 2nd Generation Of The Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
- Color: Sakura Pink, Burgundy Red
- Door handle: hot
- Modes: 9 modes
- Cable length: 1 meter
- Internal light: 60 sec automatic off
- Color: Sakura Pink, Burgundy Red, Royal Grey
- Door handle: warm
- Modes: 10 modes (Dehydrate)
- Cable length: 1.5 meter
- Internal light: Manual on/off
The Kitmens KM-KO65 that I received was the 2nd generation.
Despite my limited usage with this version, I would say that the improvements made to the KM-KO65 paid off.
The door handle is well insulated so you don’t have to worry about burning your hand. And a longer cable length is always appreciated.
Moreover, the 2nd generation KM-K065 does have a thick and dense wire rack to provide better heat dissipation over the original.
Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65 Review
With that out of the way, here’s the review of the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65!
As mentioned, the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65 comes in three colors – Burgundy Red, Sakura Pink and Royal Grey. Maybe it’s just me but I loved that it came in colors that you don’t usually see on ovens.
As a result, I chose Sakura Pink since this shade matches my kitchen very nicely.
The oven was dispatched from Kitmen’s headquarters based in Kelantan, arriving at my doorstep (Petaling Jaya) in 4 days.
The oven along with its accessories are packed into a rather heavy box, weighing in at around 15kg total, so you might need some help carrying and setting up the whole thing.
Within the instruction manual is a scannable QR code, leading you to a video tutorial on the oven. That shows you how to safely remove the oven from the box among other things.
The video tutorial also gives you a short introduction on how to navigate the functions of the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
Inside the box, you will find the following accessories:
- Wire rack (standard)
- Baking tray
- Crumb tray (inside the oven)
- Rotisserie rod
- Rotisserie handle
- Tray handle/tong (inside the oven)
- Instruction manual – (English Only)
The overall packaging of the oven and accessories was very well done, with the box itself having a simple and sleek look.
Note: If you’re looking for additional baking trays or wire racks (both standard and grid), you can purchase them directly from Kitmens’ official website.
Build Quality & Quality Of The Accessories
I was impressed by the build quality of the oven and the accessories that came with it. The exterior paint on the oven had a smooth and elegant finish.
Not surprising seeing that it is treated with oil paint technology!
There are 4 shelf notches inside the oven and you can choose which level you would like to use. The trays sit flat and are secure.
The oven door is slightly heavy and quite thick (made of double-layered glass of 4mm thickness). It feels solid and sturdy but opening the door is manageable with one hand.
It opens at 3 angles, the last angle being fully open. When full open, the door falls a little lower than the oven to ensure that you can remove the crumb tray.
When the oven is on however, it doesn’t fully contain the heat. It does feel warm on the outside. But that is not unusual for a countertop oven.
Setting Up The Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
Before setting it up, you should note the precautions mentioned on the first page of the instruction manual, namely:
- That the power cord should be connected to a direct plug and
- Make sure you leave 10cm of space on all sides of the oven for better air circulation
Due to the size of the oven, you should ensure that you have available counter space in your kitchen before setting it up.
And do makes sure to wash all the accessories, dry them, and re-assemble them into the oven before using them for the first time.
It is also recommended to run the oven at maximum temperature (which is 230°C) for around 15 minutes to remove the packaging odor.
Take note that it is normal if smoke is present when the oven is initially used, although this wasn’t the case when I first used it.
Performance Of The Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
Now, for the moment of truth:
How does the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65 fare when it comes to cooking and baking?
For starters, the KM KO65 does have a variety of modes available for you to choose from:
- Dual heating: Uses both upper and lower heating elements
- Top heating: Upper heating element only
- Bottom heating: Lower heating element only
- Fermentation/dehydrate: Lower heating element, fermentation mode to help dough rise, dehydrate mode for drying fruits
- Defrost mode: Lower heating element, defrost only
- Cooking copy mode: Saves current settings for the next session
- Chicken mode: Uses both upper and lower heating elements; during this mode, you can also press the ‘rotisserie’ button to roast the chicken
- Pizza mode: Uses both upper and lower heating elements
- Toast mode: Uses both upper and lower heating elements
Note: All the modes have preset settings, but are adjustable according to your preference.
1. Cooking With The Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
For my first dish, I decided to go with the simplest one – roasted vegetables.
Using the double heating mode, I can set the temperature of the top and bottom heating separately.
Of course, this wasn’t necessary to roast vegetables, but I wanted to try it out.
Note: The temperature range of the Kitmens KM-KO65 is 30°C to 230°C. And it is advisable that the top and bottom temperatures have no more than 30°C between them.
The LED panel and knobs make it easy to control and use the oven. Information is presented very cleanly on the LED panel.
You can toggle the interior light via a simple on/off switch. Which is a lot better than having it connected to the timer as in some other ovens.
I especially liked the built-in preheat function, where the oven will heat up to your desired temperature (this is indicated by all the numbers on the LED panel blinking).
Once the oven has reached the desired temperature, you will hear 3 beeps signifying the start of the countdown timer. So you don’t have to worry about your food being undercooked.
Of course, you can still opt to preheat the oven if you wish to.
This preheat function is available for all modes, except the fermentation and defrost mode.
The roasted vegetables came out well. I was impressed at how quickly the oven cooled down afterwards.
Furthermore, the oven was also easy to clean as I only needed to wipe the inside with a damp cloth.
2. Baking With The Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
Once again, I chose a simple recipe to test out the baking capability of the Kitmens KM-KO65 – brownies.
Again, the brownies came out well, and definitely weren’t undercooked. Or more burnt on any particular side.
When it comes to baking, precise temperatures are very important.
But with the oven’s PID Control System, you can be sure that the temperature you set and the temperature inside the oven are within ±5°C difference.
The KM-KO65 also comes with a convection fan that you can manually turn on and off.
Cleaning the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
It is easy to clean the oven with a damp cloth. There is also a crumb tray that can be removed for easy cleaning.
Just note that the door must be allowed to fully open before the crumb tray can be pulled out, as shown in the video tutorial.
Overall Review of the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65
I have a confession; this is actually my first time owning an oven. So for a beginner like me, the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65 was very intuitive to use.
The instruction manual was helpful in explaining the different modes and how to use them.
And while there were plenty of settings, I didn’t feel overwhelmed by them. More importantly, all the food turned out great despite it being my first time trying out these recipes.
The size of the oven was a little intimidating at first, but I look forward to doing more cooking and baking with this oven. I might even roast a chicken!
My experience with the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65 was an enjoyable one, and the color choices were an added bonus!
The Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65 is great for beginners and experienced bakers alike. It offers an all-around package for both cooking and baking.
Despite its large size and high-tech, it comes at a very affordable price.
I would highly recommend this oven, especially if you have a passion for baking, beginner or otherwise.
Hence, the Kitmens Digital Oven KM-KO65 is one of our picks for the best baking ovens in Malaysia!