BestBuyGet is reader-supported. We may earn commission from the links in this article at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Need the best POS system Malaysia for your growing business? These Point Of Sales systems are essential for businesses – regardless of the industry.
POS systems can cater to many common retail businesses, including delivery businesses. The ones listed here primarily focus on the food and beverage (F&B) sector.
So out of these 5, which cloud-based POS system suits your current and future business needs? Read on to find out!
5 Best POS Systems In Malaysia
- Best Overall Small Business POS System – StoreHub
- Best POS System For E-commerce Retail Integration – Shopify POS
- Best POS System For Brick & Mortar Businesses – StoreHub
- Best Feature-Rich POS System – Xilnex
- Best POS System For Restaurant and Food Businesses (iOS) – Slurp!
- Best POS System For 24/7 Customer Support – Shopify POS
1. Shopify POS – Best For E-commerce Retail Integration
Since its introduction in 2013:
This easy-to-use cloud-based retail POS system in Malaysia is a no-brainer if you currently manage a Shopify store.
It already has integration with other renowned retail platforms like Amazon and Instagram. And there is a mobile app too.
Other advantages include the ability to track and manage your employees, sales, and inventory (in real-time). The more useful reports are not part of the basic plan.
Their pricing plans (Shopify Lite to Shopify Pro) enable you to scale up your business. However, Shopify doesn’t work well for multiple retail store locations.
And it’s not convenient if you will be using payment processors/ payment gateways other than the ones provided by Shopify. So it’s best for small to medium-sized businesses.
More importantly, Shopify POS requires online connectivity (I.e. no offline mode for Android).
- Pricing: Shopify POS Lite – Free with Shopify plans (USD29/ USD79/ USD299 per month); Shopify POS Pro – Additional USD89 per month per location regardless of plan
- Free Trial: 14-day free trial
- Website: https://www.shopify.my/pos
If you are fond of Apple products, you’ll be pleased to know that StoreHub is an iPad cloud-based POS system. With an intuitive UI that resembles Apple’s iOS!
As such, it’s particularly ideal for a restaurant or cafe setting. But also for retail stores!
Note: If you’re looking for an F&B POS system in Malaysia (Food & Beverage), another alternative is Toast.
StoreHub was created in 2013 and is based in Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur and Penang to be exact.
Besides being easy to set up, notable features include:
Loyalty Programs, automatic conditional discounts, inventory management, customizable menus, electronic signatures, employee tracking (remote), payment by credit card, and returns management.
Note: The customer loyalty program is only with the Advanced plan
Not to mention reliable technical support! Though it’s not 24/7, as it’s only available from 8:30 am to 10:30 pm daily.
There are a few disadvantages with using StoreHub:
For one, you cannot make back-end adjustments. Important if you rely on SEO (search engine optimization) for your business.
Secondly, there’s no in-built report for reviewing your profits and losses. And be extra careful if you have an online store because migration with StoreHub is far from convenient!
- Pricing: Starter: RM129/month; Advanced: RM249/month; Pro: RM499/month
- Free Trial: 14-day free trial
- Address: Level 7, KYM Tower, 8, Jalan PJU 7/6, Mutiara Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 9.30am to 6.30pm
- Contact: +603-92126688; +6016-2992122
- Website: https://www.storehub.com/
- Email: [email protected]; [email protected]
As the name implies, this is another F&B POS system in Malaysia. Slurp! began in 2014 as a means for small cafes to take orders more easily with the use of tablets.
Now over 1000 F&B shops across Singapore and Malaysia use Slurp!.
The founders’ background knowledge of the industry clearly extends into the backbone of this POS system.
Among the benefits of using Slurp! is its extremely intuitive UI (to keep up with fast employee turnover rates), unlimited storage, and an incredibly detailed inventory management system!
Note: The system doesn’t automatically alert you if there is low stock in your inventory though!
Additionally, there are customizable menus, the ability to split bills, table management, and support for popular e-payment (e.g., Boost or Maybank QR) methods.
The handy Dashboard app allows keen investors to keep an eye on the business separately without interfering with the day-to-day operations too.
However, Slurp! does not integrate with any accounting software. Nor does it have any customer loyalty program feature.
And while you can get support via WhatsApp, their contact hours are not 24/7 but between 8 am to 2 am. They do unfortunately have a tendency to be slow on fixing bugs.
And if your restaurant has both a physical and online presence, it’s not possible to manage them both in the same system.
- Pricing: Contact to request quotation and pricing
- Address: Suite 609A, Bangi Business Park, Off Persiaran Kemajuan, 43650 Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Contact: +603-2770 2869 / +6010-371 1732 (Whatsapp)
- Website: https://getslurp.com/
- Email: [email protected]
Unless you’re already familiar with and have tried a few POS systems before, Xilnex can come across as old-fashioned, intimidating, and overwhelming for new users.
This Penang-grown software has been providing its services to numerous businesses since 2007.
You can consider Xilnex if you’re more of a Windows user. Which also gives you more flexibility with hardware.
Xilnex is compatible with Shopify too. And it costs nothing to import your Shopify store into Xilnex!
Because of this and the wider selection of e-payments (Alipay, WeChat Pay, Razer Pay, etc), Xilnex is a great alternative to Shopify if you don’t mind the steep learning curve.
Or that the live chat support is only available on weekdays from 9 am to 6 pm.
And like Shopify POS, you’ll just need a sound internet connection to be able to work remotely.
The impressive Master Data tab allows you to fill up lists for your items, vendors, clients, etc. With options for modifying prices and managing menus and tables.
If that’s not enough, there are specific tabs for Sales, Marketing (loyalty programs and promotions), and Inventory. All of which you’ll need to allocate some time to learn up.
Xilnex has a lot of features and functions that other POS systems do not. Such as a fingerprint scan for employee attendance tracking!
However, we’re inclined to pick a POS system software in Malaysia that’s simpler for employees to learn rather than one as feature-packed as the Xilnex!
- Pricing: Standard: RM198/month; Enterprise: RM288/month; Premium: Request for quote.
- Address (Headquarter): Web Bytes Sdn. Bhd., Unit 70-3-71, D’Piazza Mall, Jalan Mahsuri, Bayan Baru, Pulau Pinang, 11900, Malaysia.
- Address (KL Sales Office): Web Bytes Sdn. Bhd., D-16-01, Menara SuezCap, Lorong Kerinchi Kiri 2, Pantai Dalam, 59200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 9.00am to 6.00pm; Closed on Saturday and Sunday
- Contact: +604-611 0162
- Website: https://www.xilnex.com/pos-systems.html
- Email: [email protected]
After coming out in 2018:
KryptoPOS is yet another cloud POS system in Malaysia that caters to iPhone and iPad users.
The app is free if you’re a customer of any of their partners – Digi, Unifi, or Maybank. Plus, the UI is easy n the eyes with a minimal aesthetic.
And as long as you contact them during working hours, the support is decent.
KryptoPOS does have an offline mode for transactions but syncing between the app and the cloud requires an internet connection.
This POS system is suitable for retail or restaurant businesses. You can use it to track products and sales among multiple outlets.
For hardware, you can browse their online store for bundles that suit your needs (e.g. dual screen, printer, barcode scanner, etc).
But if you already have your own hardware, you won’t need to buy theirs!
- Pricing: Software is free with Maybank, Digi or TM/Unifi, Or KryptoPOS Bundle: RM3,299 one-time payment.
- Address: Lot A-1-05, 1st Level, The Hub SS2 Retail Office, 19 Sentral, Jalan Harapan, Seksyen 19, 46300, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00AM to 6:00PM; Closed on Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays.
- Contact: +603-84081616 / +6019-8525421 (Whatsapp)
- Website: https://kryptopos.com/
- Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
For Shopify store owners, the best POS system in Malaysia is Shopify POS. However, for other retail businesses, StoreHub will not disappoint.
And because of how simple the UI is, Slurp! Would be best for F&B businesses.
But if you really want a detailed POS system, then Xilnex is the way to go!