What’s the best pillow in Malaysia? There’s no such thing! As everyone has their own sleeping patterns! Are you a side sleeper? A stomach or back sleeper? Or maybe all three?
Knowing what you need helps!
And with these pillow recommendations by pillow type, you don’t have to search high and low for the best pillow brands in Malaysia!
Here are some tips on picking the best pillows to buy for your bed:
Best Pillow Top Picks
Goodnite Bamboo Charcoal Organic Natural Latex Pillow
Latex pillow that is high and firm enough for side sleepers!
- Supports neck well
- Does not absorb smells (i.e. antibacterial)
For Back Sleepers
Getha Classic Award ‘S Latex Pillow
Comfortable luxury that is sustainable and non-toxic!
- Lasts long
- Gives firm support
- Naturally repels dust mites, fungi and other allergens
Memory Foam Alternative
Ann Taylor Bamboo Charcoal Cuboid Memory Pillow
Affordable and comfortable for side sleepers!
- No need to plump it further
- Relieves neck pain
- Feels soft but still provides support
Types Of PillowSometimes, you can find hybrids of pillows that have more than one type of fill!
- Synthetic/ Poly-fill – Cheapest of all pillow types; Will flatten over time; Soft-Medium
- Cotton – Flat but firm; Naturally hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- Down – Goose or duck feathers; Goose down is softer; Not always 100% natural; Has a slow sink
- Memory Foam – Excellent support that’s evenly distributed; Tends to feel warm.
- Latex – Firmer than down or cotton pillows; Not fluffy or malleable.
- Bamboo fiber – Breathable; Often not 100% bamboo fibers but filled with shredded memory foam; Chemical-intensive process to turn the fibers into rayon.
- Wool – Moisture-wicking, hypoallergenic, dust mite resistant; Quite firm; Durable
- Kapok – Cruelty-free; Feels like feather pillows; Biodegradable; Prone to lumping
- Buckwheat hulls – all-natural, very firm, not widely available in Malaysia yet
Synthetic Vs Organic Pillows
There’s something to be said about that attractive low price range that comes with synthetic pillows!
Benefits Of Synthetic Pillows
- No animal products
- Likely machine washable
- Better support (i.e memory foam)
On the other hand, the more expensive organic pillows usually have more benefits:
Benefits Of Organic Pillows
- Longer lifespan
- Less chemicals
- Cooling to the touch
- Naturally hypoallergenic
How Do I Choose The Right Pillow?
As a rule of thumb, you need a pillow that supports your spine and neck in a neutral position. That means your neck shouldn’t be higher or lower than your back.
The wrong pillow will result in neck pains the next day! And then, you’ll be looking for the best massage chair!
Consider these 2 factors when choosing a pillow for yourself:
- Stomach – You can probably get away without having a pillow! If you need one, then get a low and soft That’s highly compressible.
- Side – High pillows with medium firmness will be your best friend! Being able to fluff them is a bonus!
- Back – Straightforward: Go for soft to medium; Flatter pillows are better too.
When You Should Change Your Pillow (Pillow Life Span)You know it’s time to change your pillow when it:
- Is no longer comfortable
- Has multiple stains
- Smells weird
- Doesn’t go back to its shape when you fold it
- Is possibly causing breakouts in your skin!
In general, feather and down pillows can last up 5-8 years. While synthetic pillows last 2 years.
Looking After Your PillowLike turning your mattress once in a while, there are certain things you can do that will prolong the life of your pillow!
- Wash your pillow every 3 months (i.e. or sun it out in direct sunshine)
- Change your pillow case every 2 weeks
13 Best Pillows In Malaysia 2020
We have many memory foam and latex pillow recommendations for you! From the best pillow brands in Malaysia!
Best Memory Foam Pillow In Malaysia
1. Sonno The Pillow
Sonno has only one pillow on its product page so far. The 100% memory foam pillow. Which is meant to be paired with their latex and foam hybrid mattress!
The CertiPUR-US® certification guarantees that it is made without harmful chemicals like flame retardants, heavy metals and low VOCs!
And the 30-nights’ trial will give you plenty of time to make your own Sonno pillow review!
2. Akemi Outlast Memory Pillow
Household-brand Akemi has a memory pillow from its Outlast range with dual-height design to improve sleeping posture. And it has additional properties like moisture control and thermal regulation!
The Outlast range uses the same active temperature-regulation technology made for NASA astronauts when they’re in space!
Through phase change material (PCM) textiles which can absorb excess heat!
3. Jean Perry – Ann Taylor Anti Snore Memory Pillow
If an anti snore pillow sounds too good to be true, try this one by Jean Perry! It’s a little smaller (55cm x 35cm) than the standard pillow size (66cm x 51cm).
By the way, if you ever wondered why some memory foam pillows are higher on one side only, that’s to accommodate side sleepers!
4. Jean Perry Coating Cool Gel Comfort Memory Pillow
This particular pillow boasts 2 functions – cooling capability on one side and adequate support for the neck via memory foam!
The Jean Perry Coating Cool Gel Comfort Memory Pillow comes in 2 different sizes too! Standard and kids!
4. Ann Taylor Bamboo Charcoal Cuboid Memory Pillow
Best for side sleepers:
Ann Taylor Bamboo Charcoal Cuboid Memory Pillow may look intimidating since it’s quite high.
But your head, neck and shoulders will be comfortably supported once you lay your head down!
5. NeckPro Memory Foam Contour Pillow
That price tag may deter you, but this bouncy memory foam pillow usually comes with a buy one, free one deal anyways!
So it’s actually quite reasonable! Along with the quality!
6. KOYOTO K-115 Memory Foam Contour Sleep Pillow
Both side and back sleepers can appreciate the KOYOTO K-115 Memory Foam Contour Sleep Pillow.
The outer cover is made of bamboo/rayon – breathable but not sustainable if you consider the process of making rayon.
7. Akemi Medi+Health Memory Pillow
Akemi strikes again with its Medi+ Health dual-touch pillow. Dual touch in this cases means it has a soft microfiber side that feels similar to down.
While the other side has high density memory foam!
Best Latex Pillow Malaysia
8. Getha Classic Award ‘S Latex Pillow
Natural latex bedding specialist, Getha has a pillow with that is low enough for the whole family! And anyone who likes sleeping on their back!
It will maintain its shape for years too!
9. Getha Classic Windy Latex Pillow
Spending this much on a pillow seems crazy but the Getha Classic Windy Latex Pillow is soft without lacking the support you need!
Air reservoir pockets ensure sufficient ventilation. And because it’s made of latex, the pillow will keep its shape long!
10. Mylatex 100% Natural Latex Pillow
Mylatex has a very similar pillow to the one by Getha. Good ventilation and durability. But this one is more affordable, comes with warranty and has a contour shape!
The pillow has been certified by ECO Germany and LGA Germany.
Note: This company makes one of the best foldable mattresses in Malaysia too!
11. Goodnite Bamboo Charcoal Organic Natural Latex Pillow
With 5 years warranty, you can rest easy (pun intended) with Goodnite’s Bamboo Charcoal Organic Natural Latex Pillow!
It’s higher than the average latex pillow too. So side sleepers will find it most comfortable!
12. Dunlopillo Ecopillo 100% Natural Latex Pillow
Ecopillo Contour Latex Pillow by Dunlopillo provides support through its ergonomic design (i.e. contour).
They claim that their latex comes from sustainably managed plantations too!
13. Therapedic USA Anti-Snore Pillow 100% Natural Latex Neck Care & Support
US brand, Therapedic started in 1957 with mattresses. Eventually expanding into various bedding products like neck pillows, memory foam pillows, cooling technology and so on.
Their Anti-Snore Pillow 100% Natural Latex Neck Care & Support with a convex in the middle is affordable! Including a 2-years’ warranty as well!
14. Natural Latex 100% Natural Latex Contour Type Pillow (Large)
So far, all the pillows we mentioned are slightly smaller than your standard size pillow. Even this “large” one by Natural which measures 60 x 40 in cm!
Certifications from ECO Germany, LGA Germany and the Malaysia Rubber Board (MRB) prove that this dual-height pillow has no synthetic fillers and is made to last!
The best pillows in Malaysia have a few things in common – medium firmness, superb neck support and long durability.
Other attractive features include organic materials, easy care, versatility and affordability!
In this post, we recommend memory foam and latex pillows that last longer than synthetic poly fills. While ensuring that your spine alignment is neutral as you sleep!