BestBuyGet is reader-supported. We may earn commission from the links in this article at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Choose the best washing machine in Malaysia for your household. See our handpicked selection of front load, top load, and combo washing machines.
Including a comparison of washing machines in Malaysia and a list of the best washing machine brands in Malaysia!
Is this your first time buying a washing machine? Read the guide further down this post carefully.
Table Of Contents:
- Best Washing Machine Brands In Malaysia
- 11 Best Washing Machine Malaysia
- How To Choose The Best Washing Machine
- Front Load Vs Top Load Washing Machine
- How To Look After Your Washing Machine
Best Washing Machine Brands In Malaysia
It might surprise you, but these are the brands that Malaysians prefer when it comes to washing machines.
Note: Not in any particular order
11 Best Washing Machine Malaysia 2023
Here is an overview of recommended washing machines:
We consider budget options to be RM1,000 or lower. There are other models that cost around RM2,000 to RM3,500.
Front Load Washing Machines (See More Details):
- Best Budget 8kg Front Load Washing Machine (Stackable) – Toshiba 7.5kg Inverter Front Load Washing Machine TW-BH85S2M
- Best 10KG Front Load Washing Machine – Electrolux EWF1042Q7WB
- Best Large Capacity Front Loading Washing Machine – Samsung WF17T6000GW/FQ 17kg
Top Load Washing Machines (See More Details):
- Best Budget 7kg Top Loading Washing Machine (Simple & Quiet) – Samsung WA70H4000SG/FQ 7kg Fully Automated Washing Machine
- Best Budget 9kg Top Load Washing Machine (Simple Functions) – TOSHIBA AW-J1000FM
- Best Value-for-Money – SHARP ESX1221 12.5 kg
- Best Feature-Packed Top Load Washing Machine With Inverter – LG T2109VS2B 9 kg
Washer Dryer Combos (See More Details):
- Best Feature-Packed Washer Dryer Combo – Electrolux 8/5kg UltimateCare™ 300 Washer Dryer EWW8024D3WB
- Best Intelligent Washer Dryer Combo (Bigger capacity) – LG FV1450H2B 10.5/7kg Ai Direct Drive Washer Dryer With Steam+™ & TurboWash360™
- Best Budget Washer Dryer – Toshiba Washer Dryer TWD-BK90S2M 8/5kg
Best Front Load Washing Machines In Malaysia
The manufacturer may not mark it, but as a rule of thumb:
Never fill your front load washing machine more than 80% of its drum capacity! The same applies for dryers. Else there won’t be enough space for the clothes to rotate!
1. Toshiba 7.5KG Inverter Front Load Washing Machine TW-BH85S2M
Just the right size for a small household:
The Toshiba 7.5KG Inverter Front Load Washing Machine, TW-BH85S2M sells for around RM1,000. It’s easy to use too!
And thus, a much cheaper option than the BOSCH WAT24481SG 8kg Front Load Washing Machine! Small households with a tight budget will love the Toshiba 7.5KG Inverter Front Load Washing Machine, TW-BH85S2M!
As with the Electrolux EWF1023BDWA 10kg UltimateCare™ 800 Front Load Washing Machine, you need to remove the shipping/ transportation bolts before you start using this washing machine!
Even if the manual doesn’t say anything about that!
One installed, users say that the washer works well and without making too much noise! There is an option to stack this washer together with its matching dryer too. For a space-saving solution!
Note: If you do get the washer-dryer stackable combo, you may have to purchase the Toshiba stacking assembly kit separately.
- Type: Front Load, Inverter
- Size: 595 x 530 x 850 (W x D x H) mm
- Capacity: 7.5 kg
- Max Spin Speed: 1,200 rpm
- Wash Features: The Great Waves, Real Inverter, 15 Minutes Quick Wash, 16 Wash Programs, Cold Wash, Child Lock, Delay Start
- Warranty: 2 years + 10 years (Motor only)
- Price: ~RM1,050
- Can be stacked with matching dryer
- Cheap and from a reputable brand
- Quick wash is quick!
- Uses an inverter
- Slightly slimmer than other washing machines (but taller)
- Long warranty
- Small washing capacity
Washer-dryer stackable combo:
- Toshiba 7.5kg Front Load Washer TW-BH85S2M + Toshiba 7.0kg Dryer Machine TD-H80SEM – Check Price
2. Electrolux Ultimate Care 700 EWF1042Q7WB – Best 10KG Front Load Washing Machine
The Electrolux Ultimate Care 700 is the best 10kg front load washing machine on the list. In case you prefer a front-load washing machine, this EWF1042Q7WB is perfect for small families or if you live alone.
The Ultimate Care 700 takes ‘cleaning’ a step further with HygenicCare. It can spray 40°C vapour after a wash cycle to remove germs without damaging the laundry.
It also has an EcoInverter motor to reduce energy consumption, noise, and vibrations when in use. This new motor has a 50% lower energy consumption compared to an older model, the Electrolux EWF8025EQWA.
Compared to an older model, the Electrolux Ultimate Care 500 EWF1024P5WB, the EWF1042Q7WB (Ultimate Care 700)has a faster max 1400 RPM, Wi-Fi connectivity, and a LoadSensor to measure load weight, wash time, water, and detergent required.
The EWF1042Q7WB (Ultimate Care 700) model is slightly more expensive. But the upgrades are well worth the extra price.
Plus, the door is large and convenient to reach into. The glass can be a little too dark to see through, so keep that in mind.
There are 15 different programs to choose from and temperature control with the EWF1042Q7WB (Ultimate Care 700):
You can choose to wash clothes cold and crank it up to 90°C when you need to. This versatility is great if you have fabrics that need different temperatures or to handle tough stains.
The Electrolux Ultimate Care 700 is an excellent choice for many people with its premium features. There aren’t many downsides either. Except for the price.
- Type: Front Load, EcoInverter
- Size: 600 x 659 x 850 (W x D x H) mm
- Capacity: 10 kg
- Max Spin Speed: 1,400 rpm
- Warranty: 2 years + 10 years (Motor only)
- Dedicated stain cleaning features
- temperature control
- Wi-fi Connectivity
- Fast 1400RPM spin speed
- EcoInverter Motor
- Door can be too dark to look through
3. Samsung 17kg WF17T6000GW/FQ – Best Large Capacity Front Load Washing Machine
If you always do big loads of laundry, this model has a max 17 kg capacity. And thus, the Samsung WF17T6000GW/FQ is the best large capacity front load washing machine in this list.
This model features Samsung’s new Eco Bubble technology too:
The washing machine dissolves detergent into bubbles without high temperature. This helps detergent penetrate into your fabric easier, for faster and more effective stain cleaning.
Together with the Digital Inverter Motor, this saves energy as the machine doesn’t need to work as hard. There is VRT+ technology to reduce noise and vibration from the motor too.
This model also has a quick 1100 RPM spin speed a feature called Speed Shot. This uses both Bubble Shot and Speed Spray tech to penetrate and clean laundry. It also helps remove stubborn detergent which is a great plus.
Compared to another similarly priced washing machine, the Panasonic NA-FD18V1, the Samsung WF17T6000GW/FQ features Hygiene Steam, VRT+, and Eco Bubble tech which cleans effectively even at low temperatures.
The Panasonic NA-FD18V1 focuses on high temperatures which is not ideal for all fabric types. Apart from this, the Samsung WF17T6000GW/FQ is a front-load washer with Hygiene Steam:
Hygiene Steam is deep cleaning with steam to sanitize laundry. This helps kill any mould or bacteria in the tub as well.
Meanwhile, Drum Clean+ uses powerful jet blasts of water (and 1100 RPM spin speed) to remove any odour or debris left in the tub.
On the whole, the Samsung WF17T6000GW/FQ is a feature-full large-capacity, front-load washing machine. Its energy efficiency will save extra cash in the long run.
But like the Electrolux Ultimate Care 700, you’ll need to pay a high price for the fancy features.
- Type: Front Load, Digital Inverter Tech
- Size: 686 x 796 x 984 (W x D x H) mm
- Capacity: 17 kg
- Max Spin Speed: 1,100 rpm
- Warranty: 2 years + 20 years (Motor only)
- Can clean with steam (Hygiene Steam)
- Large washing capacity (17 kg load)
- Fast 1100 RPM spin speed
- Silent operation
- Effective washing without high temperature (Eco Bubble Technology)
- No dedicated water temperature features
Best Top Load Washing Machines In Malaysia
Although front load washing machines are better, you cannot deny the affordable price range of top load washing machines!
Try to get one with a clear window of hardy tempered glass!
4. Panasonic Top Load Washing Machine 10kg NA-F100A9DRT
Compared to its predecessor, the Panasonic NA-F100A4BR:
Panasonic Top Load Washing Machine 10kg NA-F100A9DRT now has a grey instead of a white body. And while it has the same dimensions, it is slightly taller (1043mm vs 1035mm) than the predecessor.
Both models have a digital panel, child lock, air dry (90 minutes), tempered glass lids, automatic shutdown, and several set programs (the NA-F100A4BR has two extra functions).
Like the former NA-F100A4BR, NA-F100A9DRT has Baby Care. So you can go for the NA-F100A9DRT if you have an infant in your household.
Both models only have 6 settings for water level. This is not a big deal for most users.
The pulsating technology is the same for the new NA-F100A9DRT. It uses Active Wave (Plastic).
But the NA-F100A9DRT has Panasonic’s StainMaster technology too which does away with pre-soaking before washing.
For ~RM1,400, the NA-F100A9DRT is a washing machine with enough washing capacity for small families. And it’s from a well-known reliable brand!
Still, it might interest you to know that Toshiba’s TSB-AWH1100GMSM (also 10kg) has a much longer warranty!
And that the Toshiba AW-J1000FM is better value for money (less than RM1,000). But the slightly smaller Toshiba AW-J1000FM doesn’t have as much spin power as the NA-F100A9DRT (700 vs 900rpm).
- Type: Top Load, Non-inverter
- Size: 554 x 617 x 1,043 (W x D x H) mm
- Capacity: 10 kg
- Max Spin Speed: 900 rpm
- Wash Features: Energy Save, Power Wash + Soak, Fragrance, Baby Care, Delicate
- Warranty: 1 year (12 years for the compressor)
- Price: ~RM1,400
- Long compressor warranty (more than 10 years)
- Reasonable price (the same as the previous model, NA-F100A4)
- Wide opening
- Bulky (installation dimensions are 595mm x 626mm)
- Not an inverter motor-powered machine
- No noticeable improvements over the previous model
5. Sharp 12.5kg ESX1221 – Best Value-for-Money Top Load Washing Machine
The Sharp ESX1221 is the Best Value-for-Money Top Load Washing Machine on our list. It gets the award for its focus on energy efficiency and large load capacity. The ESX1221 features a large 12.5KG load capacity which is large enough to handle big loads of laundry.
But the same model has many options, ranging from 8.5KG to 20KG in case you need a higher or lower capacity. The reason the ESX1221 stands out is the price for the large 12.5KG capacity.
Compared to another 12.5KG model, the Electrolux EWT2H88M1SB, the ESX1221 is much cheaper.
It’s also more energy efficient, rated at 560W while the Electrolux EWT2H88M1SB maxes out at 2200W. This is a huge difference and saves you money on your electric bill if you use the washing machine often.
The Electrolux EWT2H88M1SB does have a faster 900 RPM spin speed compared to the ESX1221’s 650 RPM which explains the difference. But, the ESX1221’s 650 RPM is a better deal since you get the same load capacity, with a far more efficient motor, for a lower price.
The ESX1221 is the best option for a simple, big-capacity washing machine. It doesn’t hurt the wallet too, which makes it stand out even more.
Additionally, the Sharp ESX1221 has a stainless-steel drum and a waterfall system. The waterfall system shoots water out of 3-direction jets, which helps dissolve detergent. This helps clear any residue on your laundry for clean & fresh clothes.
There are 7 programs to choose from. These include Common, Standard, Heavy, Gentle, Quick Wash, Soak Wash, and Fuzzy Wash. But a big tradeoff on the ESX1221 is the lack of an inverter motor.
So you might experience more noise/vibrations than a washing machine with an inverter. An inverter is also more energy efficient, which is disappointing for the ESX1221.
But if you can look over the missing inverter motor, the Sharp ESX1221 is a great choice. It doesn’t do anything too fancy. But it’s economical for big families with a lot of laundry.
- Type: Top Load, Non-inverter
- Size: 610 x 630 x 985 (W x D x H) mm
- Capacity: 12.5 kg
- Max Spin Speed: 650RPM
- Warranty: 2 years
- Affordable price tag
- 7 programs to choose from
- Large load capacity
- Easy to use
- Strong water fall system
- No inverter motor
- No water temperature settings
6. LG 9kg T2109VS2B – Best Feature-Packed Top Load Washing Machine
The LG T2109VS2B is our pick of the Best Feature-Packed Top Load Washing Machine. The focus here isn’t on load capacity, but on the built-in features.
This model has a 9KG load capacity, perfect for single people or smaller families. There are other size variants for this model. This ranges between 9KG to 22KG.
Size aside, the LG T2109VS2B has a Smart Inverter Motor for energy efficiency and silent operation (45 dB).
This means you get massive energy savings (LG T2109VS2B uses 66.77 W/h) and don’t have to suffer loud vibrations when in use.
There’s also Smart Motion which has 3 tub spin options. You can switch between powerful washing, tangle-free laundry, or a gentle wash.
Compared to another 9KG washing machine, the Toshiba AW-J1000FM, the LG model has the Smart Inverter motor, Smart Diagnosis, and a higher 740 RPM. These are very useful features for everyday use.
Moreover, the LG T2109VS2B is only slightly more expensive.
And side by side with the SHARP ESX1221, the LG T2109VS2B still comes out on top. The ESX1221 has the larger capacity for almost the same price. But the LG T2109VS2B’s Smart Inverter, faster spin speed, and quiet operation is a clear winner. Especially if you don’t need the extra washing capacity.
It also supports Smart Diagnosis via an app to diagnose potential problems. There are 8 programs to choose from, including Normal, Duvet, Wool, Eco Save, Pre-Wash + Normal, Quick Wash, School Care, and Tub Clean.
Review video by PenguinTech:
- Type: Top Load, Smart Inverter
- Size: 540 x 545 x 855 (W x D x H) mm
- Capacity: 9 kg
- Max Spin Speed: 740RPM
- Warranty: 1 year + 10 years (Motor only)
- Smart Inverter Motor (Energy Savings/Noise Reduction)
- Smart Diagnosis for diagnosing problems with the machine
- Affordable price
- Versatile programs
- Max spin speed is less than 900RPM
Washing Machine With Dryers In Malaysia
Washer dryers or combo washers save space undoubtedly. Plus, you don’t have to move the clothes to another machine after washing them!
But the drying function does tend to take longer than with a regular dryer! And you definitely can’t run both at the same time!
Be prepared for malfunctions to occur more often and then, the repairs are tricky!
7. Electrolux 8/5kg UltimateCare™ 300 Washer Dryer EWW8024D3WB – Best Feature-Packed Washer Dryer Combo
This smart and compact 2-in-1 washer dryer by Electrolux will last you many years. The predecessor (Electrolux 7/5kg UltimateCare™ 700 Washer Dryer EWW7024FDWA) of this washer dryer combo can last more than 9 years.
And like the former, the new Electrolux 8/5kgUltimateCare™ 300 EWW8024D3WB is not difficult to operate even if it has dual functionality.
Its washing capacity is 1kg larger than the EWW7024FDWA but the newer EWW8024D3WB is slightly narrower (600 x 568 x 850mm vs 600 x 575 x 850mm). Regardless, both models save space.
Go-to functions for those in a hurry will be the Quick 15 Cycle as well as the Wash & Dry program which takes 1 hour. The EWW8024D3WB still carries the handy Add Clothes function of the EWW7024FDWA too.
Furthermore, it’s easy to view and select the 12 programs for this washer dryer combo with the touch panel.
Washing by the way, is quiet with the EWW8024D3WB as it uses an inverter motor (EcoInverter motor).
There is an anti-crease mode for the drying cycle, and this works well to avoid ironing some clothes. Drying almost a full load (~5kg) with the Cotton mode takes 4 hours but it is effective. Beware that the drying cycle is loud.
All in all, a small household that has minimal space (e.g., apartment or studio) and a larger budget (~RM3,000) will do well with the Electrolux 8/5kg UltimateCare™ 300 EWW8024D3WB.
And to get the most of the EWW8024D3WB, it’s worth picking up the manual and giving it a read.
- Type: Front Load Washer Dryer, EcoInverter
- Size: 600 x 568 x 850 (W x D x H) mm
- Capacity: 8 kg (Wash), 5 kg (Dry)
- Max Spin Speed: 1,200 rpm
- Wash Features: Smart Sensor, Vapour Refresh, Vapour Care, Child Lock, AutoSense, Quick 15, Delay Start, Add Clothes, WashDry 60, Delicates, Baby Care, etc
- Warranty: 2 years + 10 years (Motor only)
- Space saving (washer dryer combo)
- Many useful functions
- Washes and dries well
- Long warranty period (including motor)
- Small drying capacity (5kg)
8. LG FV1450H2B 10.5/7kg Ai Direct Drive Washer Dryer With Steam+™ & TurboWash360™
It’ll take a total of 160 minutes for LG’s new FV1450H2B to completely wash and dry your laundry! Quicker than the Electrolux 7/5kg UltimateCare™ 700 Washer Dryer EWW7024FDWA.
Both washer/dryer combo machines are of similar dimensions too. Although the LG FV1450H2B is a lot pricier!
But you don’t have to worry about the lifespan of your clothes, unwanted wrinkles or allergens! There’s a steam function to reduce wrinkles and allergens!
And the LG artificial intelligence direct-drive motor ensures your clothes last longer!
With this model, they have maximized the capacity of the drum barrel too! The LG FV1450H2B is the same size as the Electrolux EWW7024FDWA but can fit bigger loads for washing and drying!
One user who previously had Samsung and Electrolux washing machine observes that this particular model from LG is not as noisy!
You may want to consult the manual to make the most of this washer dryer combo. It has many features to offer. Including the ThinQ app control so for remote control and monitoring of the machine status!
These features come with a big price tag. If you can afford it, it’s a space saving power horse that will suit a small and busy household that values convenience!
- Type: Combination
- Size (H x W x D): 850 x 600 x 560 mm
- Capacity: 10.5kg (Max Wash), 7kg (Max Dry)
- Spin Speed: 0 to 1,400 rpm
- Special Wash Features: Pause, Delay Timer, Allergy Care, Delicate, Wool, Turbo Wash, Tub Clean, Etc
- App Control: Yes
- Energy Consumption: 1.58 kWh / cycle
- Warranty: 1 year and 10 years for the motor
- Price: ~RM4,000
- Very space saving
- Adequate washing and drying capacity
- Tempered glass door
- Uses an inverter motor
- ~2 hours for drying process – considered quick
- With app control (compatible with Google assistant and alexa)
- Automatically optimizes washing settings (LG AI DD technology) to prolong clothing life
- TurboWash360™ for quicker washing (~40 minutes)
- Wrinkle care option can be added to a cycle option
- Steaming function to remove allergens (Approved by Allergy UK)
- Short warranty for the price
- Clothes still need ironing (~5 to 6 kg loads)
9. Toshiba 8/5kg Washer Dryer TWD-BK90S2M – Best Budget Washer Dryer
This Toshiba model is a Washer/Dryer combo which is very convenient to use.
The Toshiba TWD-BK90S2M is our pick for the best budget washer dryer. It has excellent value for its features:
The dryer capacity is small at 5kg but it should be enough for frequent small loads. It is suitable for small households.
It has a Real Inverter Motor to help reduce noise, and increase energy savings, and durability.
There are 16 programs to choose from. Including water temperature control ranging from 20°C to 90°C. The dryer also can automatically detect when the laundry is dry with SENSEDRY tech.
Compared to a similarly priced model, the Bosch WAJ20180SG, the Toshiba TWD-BK90S2M is a step ahead. It has dryer functionality, a faster 1200 RPM spin speed, and a larger 480mm port door.
In reality, dryer functionality without a big price increase is enough for the Toshiba TWD-BK90S2M to stand out. The reasonable price of the Toshiba TWD-BK90S2M still matches up with many other washing machines of the same capacity.
Few washing machines include a dryer at this price, which makes this model a great deal.
It also has the same features as the Bosch WAJ20180SG. Like water temperature control, inverter motor, and multiple programs.
- Type: Front Load Washer Dryer, Real Inverter
- Size: 595 x 635 x 850 (W x D x H) mm
- Capacity: 8 kg (Wash), 5 kg (Dry)
- Max Spin Speed: 1,200 rpm
- Warranty: 1 year
- Washer/Dryer Combo all-in-one
- Very affordable price for the features
- With water temperature control
- High spin speed (1200 RPM)
- Has an inverter motor (Real Inverter Motor) for energy savings and lower noise
- Large door opening for convenient use
- 5kg dryer is small for infrequent loads
- No steam cleaning option
Cheap & Budget Washing Machines In Malaysia
Here are a couple of budget alternatives under RM1,000 that you can consider instead!
10. Samsung WA70H4000SG/FQ 7kg Fully Automated Washing Machine – Best Budget 7kg
A basic washing machine with a simple and durable exterior:
The WA70H4000SG/FQ can handle a small load competently with its AC motor. And there is equal distribution of detergent via the in-built Water Fall technology.
Pulsators will keep the water flow multi-directional for a thorough wash! Besides clothes, you can use it to wash comforters, bedding, etc.
Couples find that the washing capacity of the Samsung WA70H4000SG/FQ really suits them. Maybe even for 2 adults and 1 kid too.
It’s easy to use as well. Considering its size and lower spin rate, it is efficient in washing.
It runs quietly too, according to multiple reviews! Except when it’s time for the jingle to let you know that washing is complete!
One common complaint with this washing machine is the short outlet (<1m). You may need to purchase a separate one on your own.
- Type: Top load
- Size (H x W x D): 850 x 540 x 560 mm
- Capacity: 7kg
- Max Spin Speed: 700 rpm
- Special Wash Features: Jeans, Delicates, Blanket, Quick Wash, Etc
- App Control: n/a
- Energy Consumption: n/a
- Warranty: 1 year
- Price: ~RM600-700
- Very affordable
- With quick wash
- Small capacity
- Short hose
11. Toshiba 9kg Top Load Washing Machine AW-J1000FM – Best Budget 9kg With Simple Function
At its price point of under RM1,000, this 9kg automatic top load washing machine by Toshiba is very popular.
Its minimalist grey exterior is inconspicuous and will blend in with most interiors. It is taller and not as compact as the Samsung WA70H4000SG/FQ 7kg Fully Automated Washing Machine.
PS: There is a 7kg model of this washing machine, the AWJ800.
But for its larger washing capacity (9kg vs 7kg) and longer warranty period (7 years for the motor), the ToshibaAW-J1000FM offers greater value for money.
Other desirable features of this child-proof washing machine are its soft closing lid of tempered glass. There is an auto cleaning function too.
As for energy saving, the ToshibaAW-J1000FM has 3 out of 5 stars. Which is decent for this price range.
We would not hesitate to recommend the ToshibaAW-J1000FM if you are looking for a 9kg top load washing machine for under RM1,000! It cleans well and as a bonus, it’s relatively quiet.
- Type: Top load, Non-inverter
- Size (H x W x D): 968 x 550 x 565 mm
- Capacity: 9kg
- Max Spin Speed: 700 rpm
- Special Wash Features: Delicates, Quick Wash, Extra Rinse Cycle, etc
- Warranty: 2 years (general warranty), 3 years (control panel), 7 years (motor)
- Vibration and noise from spin mode is tolerable
- Long warranty period
- Affordable 9kg model
- Good cleaning performance
- Easy to operate
- Has a dedicated function for washing jeans
- Quite bulky
- Heavy at 40kg (need 2 adults to move it)
How To Choose The Best Washing Machine
Since washing machines can cost a few thousand ringgit:
Don’t make an investment until you learn the basics on how to single out a great washer from the rest!
In general, top load washing machines tend to be cheaper than front load washing machines!
The more energy efficient machines (with high Energy Star ratings) will have a heavier price tag too. But these will save you money in the long run!
Know where you’re going to put it. And take note of the dimensions! Is there enough space to open the door of the washing machine?
To save space, you can opt for a machine that can serve as both a washer and dryer! Front load washing machines can be stacked too.
A few models of front load washing machines allow you to change the orientation of the door too.
How often are you going to use it? And how much do you need to wash each time?
Washing machines can start from 5kg up to 17kg.
To add some perspective, 8kg is equivalent to ~40 shirts! Washing machines with 7kg washing capacity are usually enough for a household of 1 to 3 pax.
Don’t forget that you can’t fill up the machine to the brim! And you might need a bigger machine if you have heavy bedding to wash.
4. Ease Of Use
How easy is it to use? Are there modes that you will frequently use?
- Quick Wash
Some machines even have the ability to customize your washing preferences and save it under favorites!
5. Energy Efficiency
Energy Star is an American standard that measures how much water is used per wash (water factor, WF). As well as the power usage per year.
Any washing machine with this sticker is already 20% more efficient at energy-saving than others! More stars is better!
- Most of these newer models are not widely available in Malaysia yet. And if you do spot one, it’s very likely more than RM2,000!
And logically, a bigger washing machine will use more water. And vice versa. So get a small machine if you don’t plan to wash a lot or often!
The motor matters too. Inverter motors are quieter and more energy efficient than non-inverter motors.
For such a significant investment to your household, it’s best to have a long warranty.
And one that covers the motor. As this is the most expensive component in a washing machine!
You may want to check if the warranty covers the PCB board too. This is another component that commonly fails in washing machines.
7. Other Features You Might Like
- Child lock
- Sanitize cycle
- Heavy duty wash
- Steam cleaning
Front Load Vs Top Load Washing Machine
Which type of washing machine is better?
There are 2 criteria that set apart front load washing machines from top load washing machines. Other than that additional storage space you get at the top of a front load washing machine!
Note: People with back or knee problems are better off with a top loading washing machine!
1. Cleaning Performance
From the structure of the washer drum, it makes sense that front load washing machines will do a better job at removing stains.
This is because all articles of clothing will be rolled to the top, making contact with the drum before they fall down. And the process repeats many times!
Whilst with a top load washing machine, clothes have a tendency to stick together in the middle. Which means not all of them will hit the surface of the drum!
2. Energy Efficiency
Front load washing machines use a lot less water than top load washing machines! They spray clothes wet rather than filling the drum with water!
These days though, top load washing machines have innovative ways of saving water! A smaller one won’t use as much water too!
How To Look After Your Washing Machine
- Wipe down the machine (especially the seal around the door) occasional to prevent build-up of nasty stuff
- Air out your washing machine when you’re not using it! This will prevent the growth of mold. An unpleasant smells!
- Don’t forget to clean the detergent drawer once in a while!
- There may be a lint filter you have to clear out before every wash too.
- Having a high-quality outdoor water filter will prevent build-up of limescale in your pipes (and washing machine)!
Which best washing machine in Malaysia are you going to take home in 2023?
Top load washing machines are fine for small loads and budgets. And front load washing machines usually cost twice as much but are adept at saving water and energy!
Going with brands that most of the country prefers, means that service and spare parts will not be hard to find too