BestBuyGet is reader-supported. We may earn commission from the links in this article at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
After enjoying the Corvan Cordless Vacuum K9 for more than a year (it still works fine by the way):
We are pleased to get the opportunity to try the brand new 2-in-1 vacuum mop hybrid from Corvan, the Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18.
Here’s what we think of it after getting a chance to use it for a household with 2 people and 3 rather active cats who shed a lot.
Note: This is a sponsored post. And the unit we feature in this review is provided by Corvan. However, this is our true opinion and feedback on this product!
- Run Time: 12 minutes (Turbo Mode), 30 minutes (Medium), 50 minutes (Normal Mode)
- Charging Time: 3.5-4.5 hours
- Bin Size: 0.8L
- Filtration System: 6-stage H12 HEPA (0.3 micron)
- Weight: 1.5 kg (main body only)
- Dimensions: 24 x 111 x 23 cm
- Loudness 67 to 76dBA
- Suction Pressure: 30kPa
- Suction Power: 201AW
- Warranty: 1 year (body & battery), 5 years (motor)
- Price: ~RM1,500
- Lightweight (1.5kg body)
- Powerful suction (201 Airwatts) – For comparison, Dyson V11 has 185AW on it
- You can store this cordless vacuum cleaner upright without having to drill your wall
- Multiple ways to charge it
- A washable and reusable pre-filter and HEPA filter (sustainable and don’t have to buy replacements)
- 6-stage filtration
- Washable and reusable mop pads
- Easy to use and maintain
- LED touch panel is intuitive
- Long motor warranty (5 years)
- Excellent service with a local repair center
- Comes with useful attachments and an auto charging stand
- Handle (where motor is) does not feel hot even after 20 minutes’ use
- Not cheap (but you’re getting a vacuum and mop in one!)
- A flexible hose is not one of the included attachments
- Length of main pole is not adjustable (an issue if you are below 5 ft tall)
Table Of Contents:
- First Impressions Of The Corvan K18
- Charging (& Runtime) Of The Corvan K18
- Settings Of The Corvan K18
- Vacuuming With The Corvan K18
- Mopping With The Corvan K18
- Maintenance Of Corvan K18
- Overall Review On The Corvan K18
- Who Should Get The Corvan K18?
First Impressions Of The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
Packing Of The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
Everything is packed securely in 2 recycled paper trays and minimal plastic usage.
If you ever want to bring your vacuum cleaner with you when you move house, it’ll be easy if you keep the original box (it has a handle).
Build Quality Of The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
The build quality of all the unit and its accompanying accessories have good workmanship – no rough edges and nothing feels flimsy (I.e. the slim attachments consist of one-piece moldings).
You get 5 attachments (motorized floor brush, mopping head, bed vacuuming tool, 2-in-1 dusting tool, crevice tool) in total, together with the following:
- Charging stand
- Wall bracket and a set of screws in case you want to wall-mount the bracket
- Extension rod
- Measuring cup to refill the mopping head
- Main body
Assembling The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
Putting the charging stand together is straightforward and you might not even need the instructional video (see the section on Maintenance).
All of the attachments can be used interchangeably on either the main body of the vacuum or with the extension rod.
You can store most of the attachments on the charging stand except for the bulkier mopping head.
Charging (& Runtime) Of The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
We really like that you can see how much power is left on the colored digital display, rather than just a 3-stage indicator (I.e. green, yellow or red LED light).
You also have three different ways to charge the Corvan K18:
- Plug in directly
- Via wall bracket
- Via charging stand
|Charging Time||~4.5 hours||4 to 4.5 hours|
|Runtime (Lowest setting)||45 to 55 minutes||For our house (2,500 sq ft with 2 stories):
We were able to use the mopping/ vacuuming function (low setting) for both floors, and vacuum the sofa (on the high setting) before running out of battery (or water for the tank).
On a daily basis (mopping and vacuuming all of the floors), it lasts much longer than the 20 minutes we need it for.
|Runtime (Medium setting)||25 to 30 minutes|
|Runtime (High setting)||10 to 15 minutes|
Settings Of The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
There are 3 suction levels with the Corvan K18. Just touch the control panel at the back of the main body to switch between them.
The vacuum becomes noticeably louder as you switch to the higher suction levels. And the battery drains faster if you use the high setting.
But that’s not an issue since the lowest setting is already good enough for daily cleaning (e.g. fine dust, hair, pet fur on the floor).
However, we do still have use for the highest setting (e.g. removing cat fur from the sofa).
We were really impressed with how quiet the default (lowest setting) suction was!
Vacuuming With The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
All of the attachments are a pleasure to use depending on what you’re cleaning.
Although the crevice tool and 2-in-1 dusting tool are pretty similar in application:
The crevice tool is noticeably longer – perfect for getting under sideboards and that awkward gap between the fridge and kitchen counter!
The bristles on the dusting tool are great for loosening dirt particles on surfaces with small cavities or on uneven surfaces like the grill between screen doors. We also used it to remove hairs wrapped around the cyclone when it’s time to clear the dirt bin.
PS: And when you’re not using the tools, it’s very convenient to store them on the charging stand!
Here’s a breakdown of how we used the different attachments:
- Windows – Either the 2-in-1 dusting tool or crevice tool will do, we’ve no trouble reaching all the trapped pet fur in sliding door groves or the window screens
- Under furniture – Both the motorized floor brush and mopping head are able to reach underneath all of our furniture – and they both have bright LED lights, though the one on the floor brush is brighter!
- Sofa – While it feels solid, the bed vacuuming tool is fairly basic (I.e. it does not have the spinning brush of a motorised head). However, it can remove pet fur from the sofa in medium or high suction mode.
- Stairs – Both the motorized floor brush and mopping head fit on the stairs and do a great job of picking up debris – again, the LED lights are super useful!
- Carpets – We use the motorized floor brush and find that the default suction is not enough to clean carpets. This is the time to choose the medium or high suction mode.
Emptying The Dust Container
800ml is plenty for our small 2-storey home, even with all the fur that our cats drop. For our household, it takes ~3 days to fill the container up.
However, it’s best to empty the container out regularly for hygienic purposes and for optimal efficiency of the vacuum.
Mopping With The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
One of the main highlights of the Corvan K18 is the fact that it can mop and vacuum at the same time.
And we were not only very pleased that it could pick up hair and pet fur while mopping but also deliver the same results as if you were to vacuum and mop separately!
While you cannot control the amount of water that is distributed to the mopping pads, we don’t have any complaints – the floor dries within seconds and there are no watermarks.
The end result is squeaky floors with no more paw marks and stains.
Tip: If there are more stubborn stains, go over the spot a few times or just keep the mopping head over the spot for a few more seconds.
Refilling The Mopping Head
Refilling the mop head is easy enough with the provided measuring cup. Allow the water to trickle in slowly or you’ll get it all over the mopping head.
The water tank is flat and holds enough water to mop upstairs and downstairs. So you don’t have to constantly run over to the tap to refill the mop head)
Note: According to Corvan, a full tank (150ml) will last you about 20 minutes of continuous use.
Maintenance Of Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
This is when the UltraCyclone comes in:
The 2-stage multi-cyclone system vigorously dispels dirt onto the dirt bin.
According to Corvan, only 1.7% of the fine dust gets to reach the polymer filter. The result is that the filter lasts 15 to 20 times longer before cleaning is required compared to those using a normal cyclone.
For simple cleaning, just tap the filter to shake off excess dust. For a more thorough cleaning, wash the filter in running water or massage it with hand soap (do not brush the filter). We really appreciate that the cyclone unit is also washable.
And in Malaysia’s sunny weather, it dries up in less than 12 hours although the instruction sticker on the main body recommends 24 hours.
For more details, you may check out Corvan’s handy tutorial video on how to keep your K18 working in tip-top condition:
From what we can tell from the video (and based on our experience with other Corvan products like the cordless vacuum cleaner K9), Corvan puts a lot of thought into maintenance when it comes to their products!
Overall Review On The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
To wrap up this review of the Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18, here are our final thoughts about it:
What We Like Best About The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18
- Mopping and vacuuming at the same time!!! We can’t tell you how satisfying it is.
- The elegant charging stand
- Sustainable and economical since you can just wash and reuse the filters and mopping pads
- Visible battery level
- Sleek and high-quality build of the unit and accessories
- LED lights on both the mopping head and motorized floor brush
- How effortlessly (and quietly) the vacuum picks up hair, fine dust, and fur from different surfaces around the home
- No need to get hands dirty when emptying out the bin
- No problems vacuuming around or under furniture
- Very detailed manual (multilingual) with images
- Simple operation and maintenance
- Mops edges well
- You can buy an additional battery pack for extended runtime
What We Noticed
- It’s not that much heavier than the Corvan K9 (both weigh around 2kg with the extension rod and motorized floor brush) – if you are short and petite (~5ft), it feels better to clean the stairs with the floor brush fitted directly onto the main body (without the extension rod.)
- No water level indicator (you just have to see for yourself if the floor is wet)
- The mopping head cannot fully reach corners due to the circular shape of the mop pads
- You can adjust the vacuum suction strength when mopping. Particularly helpful if you come across a bunch of hairs when mopping, simply set to higher suction mode to suck in the hairs.
Who Should Get The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18?
In our opinion, the Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18 is suitable for:
- Users with back problems (e.g. you can’t pick up debris while mopping, can’t bend over to squeeze a mop, etc)
- Apartments or single- and double-story houses (stairs are possible but just not as convenient)
- Small to medium-sized households (get an additional battery pack for a large household)
- Households with pets
- Busy households
- Households lacking storage space – this is several cleaning devices all in one!
- Users of 5ft height and above
- Users who don’t mind carrying a ~2kg object (imagine carrying a 2 litre water bottle) up and down the stairs to clean more than 1 floor
The Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18 truly makes cleaning the house more time-efficient (it cuts our cleaning time by half because of its ability to mop and vacuum at the same time) and enjoyable!
And rather than getting separate cleaning devices (e.g. vacuum cleaner, car vacuum cleaner, mop and bucket, dust mite vacuum cleaner, etc), you could just invest in the Corvan 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum & Mop K18! Saving money and space in the long run too.
It’s certainly a lot cheaper than getting a Dyson and Corvan’s service has a track record of being highly responsive and reliable too.