BestBuyGet is reader-supported. We may earn commission from the links in this article at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Healthy peanut butter is not just limited to the sole organics aisle in your local supermarket. Or your local zero waste store.
There are more than a handful of Malaysian artisan spread creators with selections and flavors that you have never imagined! Including no sugar peanut butter!
So as much as we love our Skippy peanut butter, sometimes we just want a different taste! If you feel the same way, check out these local peanut butter and artisan spread brands in Malaysia!
Those on the hunt for a peanut butter diet brand in Malaysia, can check out Cavenut. Their quality butters are some of the most affordable too.
All of their peanut butters are free from sugar and salt. They have a dark chocolate flavor if you feel like having the occasional self-indulging moment!
Because of the way they produce their peanut butter without any added oil, refined sugar or preservatives:
Their products are compatible with those on specified diets (e.g. paleo, keto, vegan, etc). And they have even donated some peanut butter to a dog charity before!
At the moment though, they don’t have as many nut butters as other artisan spread brands in Malaysia. Having only started their peanut butter sales in late 2019, they are still fairly new!
- Price: ~RM20 (Get it from their Lazada or Shopee official store)
- Quantity Per Jar: 380g (Dark chocolate flavor is 220g)
- Flavors: Chunky, 75% Dark Chocolate, Smooth, Smooth Zero, Almond
- Excludes: Sugar, salt, vegetable oils, emulsifiers, preservatives and additives
- Remark: New packaging; No pork or lard; Vegan-friendly
- Shelf Life: 12 months
- Website: www.cavemenkitchn.com
Carver’s has been around since 2014. Their mission is to create healthy artisan nut butters that are only made with 100% natural ingredients!
If you’re interested in finding peanut butter with no sugar in Malaysia, you can keep Carver’s in mind! There are bundle deals on their site that are worth checking out!
They are based in Penang, although you may be able to find their healthy peanut butter and other nut butters in your nearest Jaya Grocer too!
Or other organic wholesale suppliers like Green House 恩粮坊. Which is all the way in Johor Bahru!
Their almond butter range is one of the most varied among local artisan spread makers. One unique flavor they have is almond butter with raisins!
- Price: RM18-28 (Get it from Shopee)
- Quantity Per Jar: 180g to 360g
- Flavors: Almond With Raisin, Roasted Almond, Peanut Butter Chunky, Almond Butter Chunky, Almond Butter With Chia Seeds, Cashew Butter, Peanut Butter Smooth
- Excludes: Sugar, preservatives, additives, colorings, flavorings, and emulsifiers
- Remark: Vegan
- Shelf Life: 12 months unopened, 3 months once opened
- Website: ilovecarvers.com
Yet another newcomer on the artisan spread scene, Nuttyland began in 2018. Not surprisingly, its founder, Yuh Jiun is a self-confessed peanut butter lover, as well as a food addict!
But being health conscious, led Yuh Jian to create her own peanut butter brand in Malaysia!
Which reflects in the selection of peanut butter available on Nuttyland:
There are sugar and salt-free options to cater for those on a diet but still want to have their daily dose of peanut butter!
Instead of 2, there are 3 texture variations for the Nuttyland peanut butters – smooth, crumble, or crunchy! With the crunchy version, there are peanut bits while the crumble uses coarsely-crushed peanuts.
You can hop on their Instagram for healthy and decadent breakfast inspiration ideas that incorporate their peanut butter!
4. BREAKFIRST by Amy
Sustainability and healthy eating are the main motives behind founder, Amelia’s BREAKFIRST by Amy!
This is more than a Malaysian peanut butter brand. With an impressive selection of unusual flavors you can’t find elsewhere!
And if you ever run out of ways to use their spreads, their website have a number of free recipes. Such as their mango oatmeal bowl or fluffy pancakes!
Some zero waste stores in Malaysia (e.g., A Little Bit Less) carry a few of their nut butters. With incentives to return the glass jars the next time you come back!
- Price: RM15.90-42.90
- Quantity Per Jar: 220g
- Flavors: Espresso Almond, Chunky, Smooth, Chocolate Almond, Chia Seed Almond, Pumpkin Seed, Black Sesame Seed, Masala Chai Almond, Banana Bread Almond, Pistachio, Matcha Cashew, Pumpkin Cinnamon
- Excludes: Preservatives/ Emulsifiers/ Flavor Enhancers
- Remark: Vegan
- Shelf Life: 6 months in room temperature. Refrigerate to extend shelf life.
- Website: breakfirstbyamy.com
5. Nuts Enough
Even older than Carver’s, Nuts Enough started back in 2012. So they’ve been selling healthy peanut butter in Malaysia for almost a decade at this point!
One of their goals is to make healthy eating less boring! And so they have many different types of nut butters in their product portfolio!
Tasty enough to be eaten alone as a snack, the nut butters by Nuts Enough keep their ingredient list very simple. And source locally. As with many of the other artisan spread makers featured in this post!
The smaller jar size allows you to try other flavors before you get bored! Some of their special flavors include maple cinnamon almond or pistachio with coconut!
- Price: RM17.90 – RM38.90 (Get it from Shopee)
- Quantity Per Jar: 185g for nut butters and 350g for peanut butters
- Flavors: Maple Cinnamon Almond, Honey Almond, Dark Chocolate Cashew, ULTIMATE Almond Butter, ULTIMATE Cashew Butter, ULTIMATE Pistachio Coconut Butter, KIKIRIKI Peanut Butter Creamy, Kikiriki Peanut Butter Crunchy – More flavors to come by the end of the year!
- Excludes: Preservatives, additives, chemicals, sugar, etc
- Remark: Website currently under revamp. They do have Lazada and Shopee too.
- Shelf Life: 9 months
- Website: nutsenough.com
6. Jobbie Nut Butter
Jobbie Nut Butter may have started out with a different name at first (Walao-Eh!!! back in 2015), but they still are one of the earlier homegrown brands for healthy peanut butter in Malaysia.
The current name is a combination of the founders’ names – Joseph and Debbie.
All of the nuts in their butters are imported. Their classic rendition of peanut butter just features main ingredients – peanuts, sugar and salt!
If you really want a no sugar peanut butter in Malaysia, you can opt for their Pure range! Which also omits the salt from the original formula!
While they do not offer any customization services, their home delivery service has a wide reach. Originally starting in Klang Valley, they now cover the entirety of West Malaysia!
On their site, they have creative recipes on other ways you can use their spreads. From making desserts, muffins, cookies, or topping for pasta!
- Price: RM23 to RM39 (Get it from Lazada or Shopee)
- Quantity Per Jar: 380g
- Flavors: Monkey King Crispy, Chunky Classic, Creamy Classic, Chunky Pure, Creamy Pure
- Excludes: Added oil, preservatives, artificial flavorings and colorings
- Remark: Pure has no sugar or salt
- Shelf Life: 18 months
- Website: www.jobbienutbutter.com
7. Amazin’ Graze
Anyone who likes granola and nuts will probably have heard of Amazin’ Graze!
As these were in fact, their first products back in 2015 when the original 2 founders used to run a stall at the weekend market in Bangsar.
The team has since grown substantially. And you can now find Amazin’ Graze in B.I.G. (Ben’s Independent Grocer), Jaya Grocer and AEON Max Value Prime!
Besides their online store which offers free shipping across Peninsula Malaysia!
Of their nut butters, they have bundles and individual jars of peanut butter, almond butter, etc for sale. And even this curious blend of almond, Brazil nut, and cashews!
Where all of the ingredients are natural and vegan-friendly!
- Price: RM 19.90-29.90 (Get it from Lazada or Shopee)
- Quantity Per Jar: 350g
- Flavors: Chunky, Crunchy Almond, Chocolate Peanut, Cinnamon Roll Almond, Extra Smooth Almond, ABC (Almond, brazil nut, cashew), Chocolate Coconut Hazelnut, Black Sesame Almond, Smooth
- Excludes: Additives and emulsifiers
- Remark: Vegan
- Shelf Life: n/a
- Website: www.amazingraze.com
We unfortunately have not had the opportunity to try all of these healthy peanut butter brands in Malaysia!
But from what we can tell, each of these has something that will appeal to health-conscious individuals! Or nut butter enthusiasts!